Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello over my neighbourhood - my 1st outdoor excursion

Medley

Reaction score
Took this video today; the little bird flies pretty well, even in a bit of a breeze.

I added 4 stills at the end of the video.

I use a Gamesir T1s tethered to my S9+. I was also using a Xiaomi Mi Wifi 2 range extender. I didn't do any distance testing, but had a very good signal and video feed the whole time. The range extender is on the roof of my car :)

Cheers,
Phil

Reactions: Skywalker
I see a lot of frame drops. That should not be the case with a range extender. Could it be that you had some bluetooth device on (the phone itself, smartwatch, fitness tracker)? I am still amazed by the photo quality of this tiny drone!

I see a lot of frame drops. That should not be the case with a range extender. Could it be that you had some bluetooth device on (the phone itself, smartwatch, fitness tracker)? I am still amazed by the photo quality of this tiny drone!

I think there were a couple of things happening; bluetooth was still on (although I didn't have it connected to anything at the time) and also LTE was on and I think this was the culprit. Next time I'll put it in Airplane mode with just the wifi talking to the extender.

Also, when I rotated to follow the vehicle, it was fairly fast and that caused problems with pixelation.

BT on is a problem even if not connected to anything. It may scan constantly in the background. Many apps do this in the background and you don't notice.

Airplane mode is the key.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv