Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TELLO OVERHEATING

alvesjose556

Reaction score
Hello pilots, I have a question if dji TELLO overheats it is possible to solve this by installing a heatsink or using thermal paste? Which one is the best?

Enviado de meu ASUS_X00LD usando o Tapatalk

In which case your Ryze Tello overheates?
Normally if your Tello flys she will be cooled down by the wind of the propellers.
Only if you keep her switcht on on the floor or table she could get warm.
Then put her on a fan, e.g. a CPU cooler. That's enough.

Tello overheats if it stays still for a few minutes ... this is normal, but I think now the heat dissipation is more efficient with this modification.

Reactions: alvesjose556
Check for hair or anything else that could be wrapped around the prop shafts.
Do the propellers stop about the same time? Or does one or more stop immediately?

In which case your Ryze Tello overheates?
Normally if your Tello flys she will be cooled down by the wind of the propellers.
Only if you keep her switcht on on the floor or table she could get warm.
Then put her on a fan, e.g. a CPU cooler. That's enough.
Thanks for the tip, I didn't know the propellers cooled the drone, it heats up when I set up the xiaomi repeater and shut down before finishing the installation

Tello overheats if it stays still for a few minutes ... this is normal, but I think now the heat dissipation is more efficient with this modification.

this modification is very interesting, I'll do it because where I live is hot all the time, maybe it will help

Reactions: Flydrone
Thanks for the tip, I didn't know the propellers cooled the drone, it heats up when I set up the xiaomi repeater and shut down before finishing the installation

Set the Tello by or on a fan and then start the repeater set up. After you set the repeater up for the 1st time it should connect within 30 seconds or so and then you can get the Tello in the air with the props spinning and it will stay cool then. From my experience with the repeater it is best to disconnect the repeater before turning off your Tello so that you do not have to go through the setup process again. I found that if I shut the Tello off first and then unplug the repeater it has a tendency to lose the connective configuration and you have to start all over from scratch.

Reactions: alvesjose556

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv