Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello pc app.

Iann Ortnau

Reaction score
Hi my name is iann, I'm from Brazil, and I'm developing an application in js using node and electron to be able to control tello from the pc (linux,mac,windows), the idea is to be 100% free for everyone, I'm developing with the only interest in helping the community and having fun with my tello, but I'm having problems with the video, the controls already work well and with little delay, but the video is another story, I'm using ffmpeg but even with the best configuration n i can feel safe flying just for the video as it is very late and corrupted, any ideas or suggestions?

Welcome.

What is your "best configuration"? Without details about the parameters used, there is only little, we can help.

With "very late", you probably mean a high latency? If you only want to display a stream, you probably can use ffplay with parameter --fflags nobuffer.

Att , today I managed to configure all the main commands through the keyboard as well as connect to the drone and fly with it only through the computer app, all that's left is to find a better way to stream the video, and make a UI that helps the pilot in various ways, showing the distance from the ground, in a playful and intuitive way, make a map of the drone's displacement, show the battery, temperature, among other information, I want to try to do something well designed for everyone to have fun using

Welcome.

What is your "best configuration"? Without details about the parameters used, there is only little, we can help.

With "very late", you probably mean a high latency? If you only want to display a stream, you probably can use ffplay with parameter --fflags nobuffer.
ffmpeg -i udp://0.0.0.0:11111 -f sdl "Tello"

Latency with ffmpeg is usually added due to buffering on the decoder side. That's the reason, why I suggested to try ffplay with --fflags nobuffer. Perhaps you should give it a try.

Latency with ffmpeg is usually added due to buffering on the decoder side. That's the reason, why I suggested to try ffplay with --fflags nobuffer. Perhaps you should give it a try.
I've already tried it but it still has a dangerous delay

gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=11111 ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! autovideosink
with this command it got better

1642561659953.png
control screen still under development, but it is now possible to follow Tello's movement through the 3d model that moves with the drone

I hope you can get it up and running. I'll try it when you finish it. Then I won't have to keep switching back from my pc to my mom's ipad

I hope you can get it up and running. I'll try it when you finish it. Then I won't have to keep switching back from my pc to my mom's ipad
I advanced the project, added the average consumption meters and remaining flight time estimation, and 3d flight mapping

I'll try to keep the post up to date, but I have a lot of work at the moment so I'm short on time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv