Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello range

About 100m away and 30m high resulted in wifi signal strenght down to 10%. I did not dare to go any further. That was in an area without any other wifi sources.
I've never used an extender, so I don't have any range data for that.

I just tested this. I did the test with and without the Mi extender. Control range was the same for each test which surprised me: about 121-meters. I could have gone further but I ran out of room. However, there was a lot more breakup and the usual dropped frames without the repeater. With the repeater, I didn't get any dropouts or choppy video until out about 110-meters. I'm putting together a full video on it soon.

I used the step by step instructions by Gadget Inspector(above contributor) worked for me and extended my range considerably. I didn’t dare take it to the limit as I tested while on a local street at height of 6 ft.i was far enough out that I knew it was worth the $10-$12 spent. Did not try the height as too many trees. I was only getting 30ft up and maybe 60 ft out

HAVE FUN-FLY SAFE

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
Why keep the extender on the ground, i feel like if it was raised it up even a tiny bit it would get a much better signal.

if you were doing the comparison that way, should have kept the phone in the ground as well when testing.

Last edited:
Why keep the extender on the ground, i feel like if it was raised it up even a tiny bit it would get a much better signal.

if you were doing the comparison that way, should have kept the phone in the ground as well when testing.
Seems a bit nit-picky to me since the signal was darn good. I didn't have anywhere else to put the repeater and the test was highly successful anyway. No big deal. That's the way I always use it and I have a great experience each time. If you want to place yours higher you're well within your rights to do so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv