Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello ready to take off!

Hey I really like that mount for the wifi extender! I usually put it in my pocket or hold it in my hand :p Not ideal!

Reactions: Flydrone
Thanks, I kept it in my pocket and then I did this wifi support. Soon I will put more photos of the new tripod more stable.(y)

Reactions: nahuel
Any idea how the wifi signal wave spreads from extender?

a good way fix the extender. . .

Reactions: Flydrone
Thanks guys, I see that this system to place the wifi extender is much appreciated.(y)

Any idea how the wifi signal wave spreads from extender?

It depends on antenna being used, but most probably you have ominidirectional one, so extender range looks (roughly) like a lens, with antenna in the center, plane perpendicular to antenna. So, it's easier to get out of reach by flying up.

Directional antenna should give you better range, but you'd have to keep it pointed in flight direction, as it's range is... well, directional ;) There's a short article with diagrams that show differences better than I can explain here.

Of course, there are many sub-types of antennas -- you should be able to find these diagrams for your model, if needed; but in everyday usage more important is to have clear line of sight between antenna and drone. So, it's good to put extender on some kind of elevation (say, photo tripod ;) ) to avoid ground obstacles.

Reactions: ijay and Flydrone
It depends on antenna being used, but most probably you have ominidirectional one, so extender range looks (roughly) like a lens, with antenna in the center, plane perpendicular to antenna. So, it's easier to get out of reach by flying up.

Directional antenna should give you better range, but you'd have to keep it pointed in flight direction, as it's range is... well, directional ;) There's a short article with diagrams that show differences better than I can explain here.

Of course, there are many sub-types of antennas -- you should be able to find these diagrams for your model, if needed; but in everyday usage more important is to have clear line of sight between antenna and drone. So, it's good to put extender on some kind of elevation (say, photo tripod ;) ) to avoid ground obstacles.

Thank you for your explanation

Here I am with the new more stable and robust WiFi support, completely made of metal.
Nodello: KINGJOY KT-50

Attachments

• 20190103_143520.jpg
    20190103_143520.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • 20190103_143544.jpg
    20190103_143544.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
Ha, cool! I use an almost identical setup, except I use a studio light stand (higher than reg. photo tripod, for lighter items, very cheap usually). I use a usb extension cable to power the little Wifi paddle from the charge 'brick' below which I also use to charge batteries in the field. (currently Xiaomi Mi '1', version '2' is on its way...). Maybe the wind lets off later and I can go out and do some flyin' and take a pic of it all. Here, I found these little guys for a mere $14 (before shipping.)
W802-4T.jpg

Ha, cool! I use an almost identical setup, except I use a studio light stand (higher than reg. photo tripod, for lighter items, very cheap usually). I use a usb extension cable to power the little Wifi paddle from the charge 'brick' below which I also use to charge batteries in the field. (currently Xiaomi Mi '1', version '2' is on its way...). Maybe the wind lets off later and I can go out and do some flyin' and take a pic of it all. Here, I found these little guys for a mere $14 (before shipping.)
W802-4T.jpg
Nice set up WiFi. No offense, but I prefer something smaller and transportable! although yours is certainly resealable and compact.;)

if you like it and are interested, I can attach the file to download it and then personalize it with your data.?

Here is the file to download and print on adhesive paper.
it is possible to modify with a normal graphic table from the PC.
The dimensions of my sticker are 17mm x 33mm

Simply make a "save image as ..."
Right click on the image
(y)

Cattura.PNG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv