Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Virtual Gimbal maneouver for amazing downward photo shoots

I hope that tello fpv will survive and will remain with us for long time Volate lo dont worry about our phones as you will need to buy better for this application:);):D

The problem is not any Android Phone - the software piracy is the Problem.
IOs is more safe against this sort of pirate :poop:heads !

Exactly

About three months ago someone started to spread a cracked version. Due to the special version he used I am pretty sure he is a user of this forum :mad: спасибо мой русский друг.

Hi all,

I would like to share with you an idea I had some time ago. In short, it's using Tello for shooting amazing downward photos tilting aircraft by performing an aggressive acceleration maneuver. I did some tests and it seems to work pretty well !

See this schema:

Let me explain method: Firs of all I set max attitude to 25 degrees at config screen:

When Tello it's flying over spot I set high speed mode (sport). I fly backwards about one second, then suddenly change flight direction to forward and try to shoot a picture at maximun pitch. I Stop motion inmediataly after photo taken, as Tello will overshoot goal quickly and wifi link use to degrade during photo download process. Dangerous lost of video/control it's possible. In fact, I suffer a risky flyaway during test.

Please, see this pictures. Notice when using virtual gimbal maneouver sky it's not visible, ground detail is great and image it's not blurred despite high speed movement.

First shoot, not using virtual gimbal:

Second shoot, using virtual gimbal:

My Tello photos had never shown the ground before !

I love new point of view into this tilted pictures :)

I hope you enjoy this method.

Cheers.

Raul.
Definitely going to try this! I will post see pics when I get them!

IIRC the super secret XXXX feature was FollowMe but that failed so badly that it was never released.

I also tried the gimbal shots but while this maneuver is OK if executed manualy its strange under autopilot. Tello rocks back and forth violently under autopilot which is a bit frightening, does not give any confidence in that app, and is potentially dangerous. Nothing I can release to the public.

I have not yet committed to building TelloFpv for IOS, but chances are getting better recently: I now own (but don't use) an Iphone and a Mac, which is the minimum required for IOS development. And with my Android app being increasingly threatened by software piracy I am leaning more and more towards an IOS version.

Just seeing this thread now. Picture quality is great in samples. If you go forward at full speed for 2 sec then backwards at full speed for 2 sec and then stop and could you take picture when camera side first rocks violently back and downwards in the reaction to stopping motion. Should be less danger of loss of control as your in stopping procedure and safe to transmit. Maybe ??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen