Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello with integrated buzzer(bipper)

Really nice mod! I almost lost my tello yesterday when it landed in tall grass but i managed to find it.
A buzzer would have made the search quicker.

Reactions: Flydrone
This could be a good thing to find Tello if you get lost in the tall grass or in the bushes away from you ..
Weight: 2.3g 90 dB

(The video is not mine)

When soldered directly on the two pins from the video...
But the 3rd pin also need to be soldered I've discovered later, because once the buzzer triggers (on low voltage and it even triggers while flying because it (the buzzer) is 5V and not 3.7V no matter that it triggers successfully when the Tello battery is full at 4.2V).
So if only the two pins from my video are soldered once the buzzer triggers it takes battery power from Tello battery instead of its own and while flying the Tello drastically goes down because the buzzer is taking lots of the current power to beep and lots of on screen errors are going on (failed motor, imu problem, bla bla bla).

The only resolution of this problem is to solder also the BB- of the buzzer to the Tello motherboard ground. From then on no issues occurs

Question. Where is Tello Motherboard ground to solder BB-?

I can't answer this, because I've never been interested in making this mod ..:rolleyes:

But the 3rd pin also need to be soldered I've discovered later, because once the buzzer triggers (on low voltage and it even triggers while flying because it (the buzzer) is 5V and not 3.7V no matter that it triggers successfully when the Tello battery is full at 4.2V).
So if only the two pins from my video are soldered once the buzzer triggers it takes battery power from Tello battery instead of its own and while flying the Tello drastically goes down because the buzzer is taking lots of the current power to beep and lots of on screen errors are going on (failed motor, imu problem, bla bla bla).

The only resolution of this problem is to solder also the BB- of the buzzer to the Tello motherboard ground. From then on no issues occurs

Hi, it is the same as minus pin ?

Has anyone been able to figure out where the "Tello Motherboard ground" is or the Tello's flight controller's "BZ-" would be located (if one even exists)?

TB2216omUOWBKNjSZKzXXXfWFXa_!!12403465.jpg

I think I wouldn't solder BZ- to GND....

As far as I understand, the GND and 5V charge the JHE42B_S - if charging stops, You will have an alert in 30s, as the buzzers electronic recognizes there is no more external power.

The BZ- is used to trigger the alert from a flight control board - which has BZ+ and BZ- for simple buzzers.

As those boards have BZ+ all the time on 5V/3.7V/VCC and BZ- on 5V/3.7V/VCC in non-alert state, they just pull BZ- to GND in alert state => the Buzzer has 'juice' and alerts (open collector output)

So once You solder BZ- to Tellos GND, I believe You will have an alert all the time, this GND would be where the black cable is already soldered to....
I think there is no need for connection BZ- of the buzzer, but if so I would give 5V/VCC a try instead of GND....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv