Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello with linux microcomputer on board

vtvt

Reaction score
Just started the project of Tello with Omega2+ on board. Onion Omega2+ has linux on board, 128MbRAM, 580Mhz processor, WiFi, SD card and set of ports.
I am not sure if OpenCV will be working on it. May be I will change microcomputer to some another, more powerful one (suggestions??).
I am also going to install GPS module on it.
IMG_0324 2.jpg

IMG_0322.JPG

Just added micro GPS module and laser.
The idea is to port Python code to Omega2+ side (at least partially) to make drone more autonomous.

IMG_0331.JPG

Last edited:
Hi!!
I have a few questions, What gps unit are you using, what kind op code are you running on your omega (golang, gobot, tellopy) and is the omega powerfull enough for all this processing??

Wow, nice project you have there (y) How long does it fly actually? Because I think 32g is too much for the Tello :)

Hi!!
I have a few questions, What gps unit are you using, what kind op code are you running on your omega (golang, gobot, tellopy) and is the omega powerfull enough for all this processing??

gps unit https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078Y4XZN9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For now I am just using gpsd daemon for gps info. I think about change omega onion to something more powerful like C.H.I.P. pro (they discontinued but somebody promised to release new party)

Reactions: Joost
Hi, I've been reading your post for some time now. I also have a tello and I can't begin to explain how excited I get when Ithink about adding a GPS to it.

I have only flown it 5 times about give or take...but my goal with it is to make somewhat or completely autonomous.

I've read alot up about gpsd and raspberry pi zero and gps. Also about Google maps api and the gps onboard. I want to code on the pi or banana pi m2 zero and get current location through gpsd and gps and use heading to point it in a certain direction and fly there and land when arrived.

For startersI'll have to settlefor wifi communication but I'm thinking about using 4G.

Well, Ill keep you posted! Any progress on yours?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv