Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV app for iOS

vicente.py

Reaction score
Hi from Paraguay

I saw a pre-order for TelloFPV on App Store at last!!!

Price: 5,99 US$.
Release Date 01/15/2021.

Is it real??

Last edited:
yes.

Apple approved a preliminary version to the store, so I was able to create this pre-order entry.

The first "real" version was just submitted to Testflight minutes ago, and once approved will be released to beta testers. Approval should take a day or two but during holiday season & covid you never know

The real thing should be ready early January but will not be 100% complete (lacking flight logs for example, maybe VR). Completion will take a few more weeks but I won't do every detail the same way I have done it in Android.
Over the last year I learned what makes sense and what doesn't:
Controller tuning will be simpler, and won't support a separate configuration for each controller you may have for example.
External controllers supported are MFI, Flypad, Gamesir T1d, and whatever the iOS supports (PS4 I think works as well).

I won't do the vGPS add-on, as I don't consider it _that_ useful and it was a huge pile of work for the microscopic revenue it generates (like a beer or two per month!).

Hi Volatello, I have a youtube channel about Tello and other drones... I make several videos about your app TelloFPV and TelloMe. Please, send the code to Testflight, because I want test this app and post it on my channel. My mail is [email protected] and my channel bit.ly/rthdrone. I bought in apple store the tellofpv app.

yes.

Apple approved a preliminary version to the store, so I was able to create this pre-order entry.

The first "real" version was just submitted to Testflight minutes ago, and once approved will be released to beta testers. Approval should take a day or two but during holiday season & covid you never know

The real thing should be ready early January but will not be 100% complete (lacking flight logs for example, maybe VR). Completion will take a few more weeks but I won't do every detail the same way I have done it in Android.
Over the last year I learned what makes sense and what doesn't:
Controller tuning will be simpler, and won't support a separate configuration for each controller you may have for example.
External controllers supported are MFI, Flypad, Gamesir T1d, and whatever the iOS supports (PS4 I think works as well).

I won't do the vGPS add-on, as I don't consider it _that_ useful and it was a huge pile of work for the microscopic revenue it generates (like a beer or two per month!).

Would you recommend that users who have access to an android use that vs the iOS version? Or won’t matter?

Would you recommend that users who have access to an android use that vs the iOS version? Or won’t matter?

Right now TelloFpv Android is a finished product.
TelleFpv iOS will go into beta test in the next days, and should be released mid January.
By then it should be a "consumer grade" product without significant defects but it won't have everything TelloFpv Android has (i.e. Flight log will be missing). That will take a few more weeks.
A few things won't make it into the iOS version, like vGPS. I just don't consider it that useful compared to the effort that has to go into this. It may or may not come to iOS, it's low priority.

But I guess that the autpilots will be better in iOS, since I learned a lot about PID tuning when I coded TelloMe. Not sure about video quality

Hi Volatello, I have a youtube channel about Tello and other drones... I make several videos about your app TelloFPV and TelloMe. Please, send the code to Testflight, because I want test this app and post it on my channel. My mail is [email protected] and my channel bit.ly/rthdrone. I bought in apple store the tellofpv app.

I will add all email addresses received to the testflight invitation as soon as its ready. I already had a version awaiting Apple's review but I had to withdraw it as I found a severe video handling bug :-(

I would be interested in trying beta mode then. I was debating adding it to Tellofpv to my fire tablet (may still as it’s a bigger screen) but using one device is just simpler. Messaged you my apple email.

Reactions: volate!lo
I would be interested in trying beta mode then. I was debating adding it to Tellofpv to my fire tablet (may still as it’s a bigger screen) but using one device is just simpler. Messaged you my apple email.
Hi there. I constantly check all app stores and I’ve never seen anything remotely close to what we’re looking for in Amazons App Store. Tello related apps.Are you sideloading from Google play store or using another mechanism? I thought the very same thing simply for that reason, screen size and the fact that Amazon tabs are very affordable for tablets. which makes them very well-suited for the Tello. I have nicer and more complicated drones but we’re all in this for pretty much the same reason, the Tello is affordable enough to get everyone involved. If you have a way to get that on a fire tab, it would be a wonderful idea to share that with others. Inexpensive drone plus inexpensive tablet equals world of opportunity. I’ve done a lot of experimenting and I’m trying to find the right videos now so I can share what I’ve learned. Afraid the particular videos I’m looking for are on a device that no longer works but I will make more. They involve night flight, as is somewhat difficult and risky because Tello can easily lose orientation. Good luck with everything and let me know.

Check out fire toolbox on xda developers. You can add the google play store and several other things. You can do it without but this is the simplest solution. Just installed and did a test flight earlier. Worked great. But am gonna check out the iOS version too.

Check out fire toolbox on xda developers. You can add the google play store and several other things. You can do it without but this is the simplest solution. Just installed and did a test flight earlier. Worked great. But am gonna check out the iOS version too.
Hey thanks. I’m searching for the thread volatello sent a while back to let him know I intend to share the night flight info. I just pulled this link, I assume this is what you’re referring? interested in trying some night flying?

Attachments

• CDF44FB3-BDFE-4417-9404-C2858CEFDAD5.png
    CDF44FB3-BDFE-4417-9404-C2858CEFDAD5.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
Yes. It links you to a thread explaining how to install. It’s fairly simple vs advanced rooting, etc. yes interested in might flights.

Yes. It links you to a thread explaining how to install. It’s fairly simple vs advanced rooting, etc. yes interested in might flights.
Ok. No problem. I’m in North Carolina, let me check what time it is in Germany, and where are you? I should share this information with volatello as well.

I’m all thumbs at the moment looking for his thread. As you know the tello has no GPS orientation. So everything we’re working with here relies on the optical view. After many many many different lighting positions, hundreds, and it’s also very difficult finding lights , that are light weight enough for Tello to carry. Through constant trial and error I and there’s been plenty of errors, I’ve realized how optical view helps the aircraft. Tellos optical view is better than some, have you attempted flying in low light and or total darkness yet? It’s processing information as if it’s deciding whether or not to panic. not sure where you are, but it will be dark here in three hours. I will be doing it again this this evening if you want to stay posted.I did it last night but my light positioning wasn’t perfect. Will be making some adjustments and you’re welcome to check And see. not supposed to fly out of sight but tello is 80 g and I’m on private property anyway. It’s really really neat to hook up a repeater after you get the lights positioned perfectly and play around outside in Freezing weather while sitting inside comfortable in my recliner. Open my door, set him on the ground,close the door and check out my property in the freezing dark, while sitting inside comfortable. But don’t try that until you’ve gotten the lights perfect. there are supplemental flashes you can purchase for cell phones. They plug-in to the 35 mm Jack. These lights weigh approximately 10 1/2 g and you can remove 3/4 of 1 g by removing the plug adapter. These lights are best for the orientation. Rechargeable.For camera view, you want to use a nitecore 10 g. , also rechargeable. If You find other options on that,feel free to let me know but remember we’re playing a major weight game here. Feel free to post back, I’ll be playing around again this evening.

Last edited:
maybe make this a separate thread with an appropriate title so people can find it

maybe make this a separate thread with an appropriate title so people can find it
Thanks for finding me, I’m drowning in the deep end. I just tried to respond to you with two different tablets and for some reason I couldn’t get logged in. My elderly mother got hacked. I had our devices linked together .Most of my stuff will not work. i’m now experiencing the very same problems that my mother has had for years.uuugh. Anyway I’ve got information to share with you, and I guess I should say congratulations because it looks like you are launching a new app.

Reactions: volate!lo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv