Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV autopilot height

chippy

Reaction score
In the TelloFPV autopilot functions that move away and climb (dronie, boomerang and orbit) how do I control the height it climbs to?

You can set the trajectory to flat, lower, normal, higher

If you need a maximum limit you can also set a general altitude limit in the main settings

So far the liking the TelloFPV , been using it over the stock app fornevery flight. Some questions:

1. I couldn’t find the option to include or exclude the 360 in the boomerang for iOS Tellofpv. Where is it for iOS? It doesn’t appear in the menu. Was it because I had photo mode enabled?

2. Suppose if I were to set a 200 meter boomerang, but my wifi coverage goes up to 100 meters only. Would it go on out of coverage and AP would continue without wifi coverage (provided VPS does not break) and return back to POI ? Or would it detect loss of connection and land after 50s ?

Attachments

• 18A8E2A0-1F0B-4591-B2C7-9EC0FEEF72DC.jpeg
    18A8E2A0-1F0B-4591-B2C7-9EC0FEEF72DC.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 7
1) Boomerang always does a 360. If you only want an up & away plus optional return then choose the dronie.

2) the app (and autopilots) can only control the drone while there is working wifi link and VPS. If wifi connection is lost tello is on it's own and does what it always does:
if VPS is OK it will hover in place, then descend to knee high after 50s, then autoland when the battery runs dry.
If VPS is switched off tello will drift and start the descend after a few seconds).

Reactions: BlowMyTello
You can set the trajectory to flat, lower, normal, higher

If you need a maximum limit you can also set a general altitude limit in the main settings
I lost my tello when it start climbing by itself .
It went so far up that i lost site.
i waited but didnt see it again.
what can i do?

Depends...
If it climbed all by itself to a height where you lost sight it most likely surpassed the 30m limit by a large margin. That would mean the onboard flights controller went mad.
Tellos with this problem are rare but from what I know they continue to climb until it runs out of battery and then falls down from a few hundred meters.
In that case the drone is most likely lost.

If you just did a long distance dronie under autopilot and lost connection the drone should hover in the place where connection was lost. The flight controller would try to keep that position. It would descend after a minute or so and autoland. In that case the flight log could possibly give a hint about the distance where connection was lost. Tello should be within vicinity of that point.

Depends...
If it climbed all by itself to a height where you lost sight it most likely surpassed the 30m limit by a large margin. That would mean the onboard flights controller went mad.
Tellos with this problem are rare but from what I know they continue to climb until it runs out of battery and then falls down from a few hundred meters.

If you just did a long distance dronie under autopilot and lost connection the drone should hover in the place where connection was lost. The flight controller would try to keep that position. It would descend after a minute or so and autoland. In that case the flight log could possibly give a hint about the distance where connection was lost. Tello should be within vicinity of that point.

Depends...

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2022-06-27 at 2.27.10 PM_Moment.jpg
    WhatsApp Video 2022-06-27 at 2.27.10 PM_Moment.jpg
    956.4 KB · Views: 9
This is the last video send to me before taking of!
From a great altitude .

if it takes off all by itself without any user / autopilot input then my guess is the internal flight controller went mad and Tello climbed until battery was depleted. :cry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843