Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Thanks volate!lo! the Tello FPV connection via Bluetooth on the Gamesir T1s were perfect!

March411

Reaction score
I searched for a bit before finding these but it did the trick. If possible these instructions should be a sticky, too many folks use the app and it was a search and destroy. I figured I would bring it back to the top.

Absolute perfection volate!lo, I really like the app and the instructions worked perfectly for my Samsung S8 the first time!

Preparation:

Remove the BT pairing for all controllers (from the Android Bluetooth settings). Its best to clear bluetooth data & cache to get rid of everything.

Uninstall TelloFpv. Install TelloFpv. Open TelloFpv and grant all required permissions. This is just to to make sure you haven't messed up things in the settings (you can also just clear the app's data if you know how).

Reboot your phone to make sure that Ryze app hasn't claimed some connection. Do NOT open Ryze app again. If you do, kill it with the task manager. It's a bltch and grabs every connection and never releases it!!

Now the phone should be in a normal state, without any strange settings.

The actual pairing:

Turn on the T1S, make sure you press & hold the B button while turning it on. The Android LED of the controller should light up and blink.

Open Android BT settings and connect the controller. It will rumble / shake and the blinking android LED will remain solid when correctly paired. No rumble, no connection.

Open TelloFpv, wait a few seconds. It should automatically report "Controller Gamesir-t1s connected".

Open Controller settings. Do NOT press "scan for ..." because this doesn't apply! Select "Gamesir T1s" in the dropdown "student controller". Select "onscreen" in the dropdown "master controller".

Close the settings.

Now if you move the controller sticks the red dots in the screen should move, too. These red dots are not updated in real time but 5x per second so they are just a approximate representation.

If the red dots do move you are good to go. If not: Your phone / controller can't agree to pair as gamepad for some reason. Get another phone or controller.

Next time you fly with TelloFpv just turn on the controller, make sure it's connected (rumble!) and then open TelloFpv. (Unless you are running Ryze Tello app concurrently, in that case you are on your own as it does all kind of strange things I no longer care about).

Last edited:
Reactions: BlowMyTello
Thank you for sharing. I too have the same setup except running on an iPhone 11 on iOS 15.3. I’ll try the same steps just in case. It was working before but I lost control on one flight out of 6-7 flights so far.

Last edited:
iOS is different:

t1s under Android is connected via the operating system as an input device, BT or USB doesn't matter. Android tells TelloFpv that there is a gamepad and informs it 20 times per second if sticks are moved.

t1s under iOS the app itself uses a BT-Low Energy to connect to the controller speaking a Gamesir-proprietary protocol and interprets the bits & bytes coming straight from the controller.

So far the connections with iOS app have been exceptionally stable. Or maybe there just aren't enough T1S users with iOS around to report issues, I don't know.

I’ll keep testing when I can , it’s my pleasure 😝

One thing I’ve noticed when the T1s is connected to iOS, tapping any field to type something (which should summon the iOS keyboard) would not yield a response.

However, pressing keys on the gamepad gave the character ] for some reason. Not sure if I’ve mentioned this here before. The iOS keyboard would not come back until the gamepad is disconnected.

Reactions: volate!lo
I’ll keep testing when I can , it’s my pleasure 😝

One thing I’ve noticed when the T1s is connected to iOS, tapping any field to type something (which should summon the iOS keyboard) would not yield a response.

However, pressing keys on the gamepad gave the character ] for some reason. Not sure if I’ve mentioned this here before. The iOS keyboard would not come back until the gamepad is disconnected.
I've experience the same issue with GameSir T1s with iOS 15.x on iPhone 7 just using the regular Tello app so it's more GameSir and iOS than TelloFPV.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode