Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

This is why i love the Tello

The_5treet

Reaction score
First off the video is 5 minutes long, and no sound, this is the raw footage untouched and not edited at all.
This is why i love the Tello, it was raining and i wanted to fly, so i plugged in the extender, switched on Tello, connected my phone and Bluetooth controller, sat the extender on my dash, put phone in VR goggles, put my window down, sat Tello on my roof and went for a fly, simple yet so much fun. You'll see small vibrations in the video that's because my phone was dying and it kept vibrating to tell me to charge it....SMH.
Used:-
Tello
TelloFPV app
Xiaomi WiFi extender
VR goggles
Bluetooth controller
USB charging bank

Sorry to be a PITA, but, I have the same setup as you and my videos don't look as smooth as yours. Yours always seem to look good. Are you using the AIO AKK 5.8ghz camera in this video? What are your Video settings (Bitrate and IFrame interval) in Tello FPV. Thanks.

Reactions: The_5treet
Sorry to be a PITA, but, I have the same setup as you and my videos don't look as smooth as yours. Yours always seem to look good. Are you using the AIO AKK 5.8ghz camera in this video? What are your Video settings (Bitrate and IFrame interval) in Tello FPV. Thanks.
Didnt use the AKK , any time i post a video its ALWAYS straight from the Tello. when i use a AKK camera its just to view with, i have no way to record with it.
Whats wrong with your videos, post one of them on here.
Screenshot_20200327-114233.png

Thank you for that information. I'll check my settings. Mine really aren't bad, it's just that I might have more skipped frames? Mostly when I yaw. Yours seem nice and smooth. Looking at most video posts, they seem to have the same jitter. Thanks again, you have some great videos.

Thank you for that information. I'll check my settings. Mine really aren't bad, it's just that I might have more skipped frames? Mostly when I yaw. Yours seem nice and smooth. Looking at most video posts, they seem to have the same jitter. Thanks again, you have some great videos.
Thank you, its just practice, been flying drones for 3 years now. The TelloFPV is sooooo much better than stock APP, also using the wifi repeater helps a lot.

volate!lo, thank you for that info. I use a dedicated Motorola Moto E4 (not activated) for my Tello. Airplane mode is activated and bluetooth is off. I have the same video settings as The_5treet, except I had the Bitrate at 3MBps and Show corruption indicator On.
I have another question. I have a T1s controller connected to my phone, using an OTG cable. I just got a Zeiss VR ONE Plus Headset and ordered a longer OTG cable. Unfortunately, it won't arrive for 3 weeks. In the meantime, if I connect the controller to the Headset (phone), using Bluetooth, would all of the button functions that I have set, be the same? Thank you for Tello FPV and all of your help.

volate!lo, thank you for that info. I use a dedicated Motorola Moto E4 (not activated) for my Tello. Airplane mode is activated and bluetooth is off. I have the same video settings as The_5treet, except I had the Bitrate at 3MBps and Show corruption indicator On.
I have another question. I have a T1s controller connected to my phone, using an OTG cable. I just got a Zeiss VR ONE Plus Headset and ordered a longer OTG cable. Unfortunately, it won't arrive for 3 weeks. In the meantime, if I connect the controller to the Headset (phone), using Bluetooth, would all of the button functions that I have set, be the same? Thank you for Tello FPV and all of your help.
If you have airplane mode on there is not much you can do to improve video, except using a repeater. Some phones are better than others when it comes to interference rejection.

I guess the controlleruses a different ID for each connection mode. So essentially it's seen by the app as a different controller.

"simple yet so much fun."

This is why even though I fly a Spark, I still take along and fly the Tello. It's up in the air in no time. The perfect "grab and go" drone!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv