Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tips for taking care of Telllo?

Gadicarv

Reaction score
I bought a Tello recently, it is fun and everything is right, but i usually think of ways to take care of it and to protect the battery and other parts of the drone, so, any tips for t20191231_083224.jpghe Tello?

Last edited:
Did you order from DJI? If so, how long did it take to receive it?

use only OEM props and change them whenever you see strange behavior that is not fixed by calibration.
Clean VPS lense with a soft brush from time to time
Don't leave batteries sit discharged for more than a few hours, and don't leave them inside the drone. Either way they will die pretty quick.
Don't sit or step on the drone, don't let dogs get it.

use only OEM props and change them whenever you see strange behavior that is not fixed by calibration.
Don't leave batteries sit discharged for more than a few hours, and don't leave them inside the drone. Either way they will die pretty quick.
Thanks for the information ?

Is there a reason that you say "don't leave the battery inside the drone"? I have 3, and I always leave one stored inside of the drone.

My tellos al, sip a little juice so the battery is discharged over time. After a few days / weeks the battery is completely discharged and this will kill it quickly

Reactions: Magoo582
The Mavic 2 I have also slowly drains the battery. If you buy a Tello in a boost pack, you cannot put the Tello away with the battery still installed.

The Mavic 2 I have also slowly drains the battery. If you buy a Tello in a boost pack, you cannot put the Tello away with the battery still installed.
You said " If you buy a Tello in a boost pack, you cannot put the Tello away with the battery still installed". Do you mean that you "shouldn't"?

View attachment 5373

See what I mean, then if you remove the battery it shuts.
Oh, Ok. I have my Tello and extras in a case. So I don't have that issue. I've been keeping one of the batteries in the Tello and the other 2 in the case. I have my batteries numbered so I keep them cycled in order. So if I keep one of them in the Tello and it depletes, I know which one to use next. If I leave them all out, I'll have to figure out a way to remember which one I used last.

I turn mine upside down once used. My Mavic 2 drains the battery and that is supposed to be an intelligent battery!

Reactions: volate!lo
Oh, Ok. I have my Tello and extras in a case. So I don't have that issue. I've been keeping one of the batteries in the Tello and the other 2 in the case. I have my batteries numbered so I keep them cycled in order. So if I keep one of them in the Tello and it depletes, I know which one to use next. If I leave them all out, I'll have to figure out a way to remember which one I used last.
You can just pull the battery out a little bit so it’s disconnected but still in the Tello. That’s what I do.

My case has space for 4 batteries, it's not really an issue either. The OP was asking for simple tips which violate!lo answered perfectly well.

My main tips would be keep dry, avoid wind and don't crash into humans. Any others?

My case has space for 4 batteries, it's not really an issue either. The OP was asking for simple tips which violate!lo answered perfectly well.

My main tips would be keep dry, avoid wind and don't crash into humans. Any others?
I realized that the OP was asking for simple tips and that violatello answered perfectly well. I just didn't know that the battery would drain quicker when installed than not installed and I thanked him for explaining that.

I realized that the OP was asking for simple tips and that violatello answered perfectly well. I just didn't know that the battery would drain quicker when installed than not installed and I thanked him for explaining that.

That’s what everyone is here for, sharing the love.

It’s great to have a wealth of experience to draw on. Forecast is ok here tomorrow, how about you?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv