Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tips to fly in stronger winds with the Tello?

Gadicarv

Reaction score
So in my country (Colombia) we are actually in a season with strong winds at almost every time of the day and i can't use my Tello, so i would like to know some Tips and ideas to fly the Tello easier?

Last edited:
I’m sorry but there’s not much you can do. Take off in sport/fast mode and get up to 2m quick in a spot out of the wind. Don’t go any higher than you need to and be prepared to land at all times.

Take the propeller guards off for a marginal reduction in the effects of the wind.

Best option is a large well lit indoor space.

With prop guards off, sport mode, max attitude angle Tello can with do fine in a pretty stiff breeze. Don't fly higher than you have to (wind gets much stronger up there) but stay above 1.5m as Tello reduces attitude angles below that ( some ingenious ill-conceived safety feature ).
Don't land as usual as Tello is blown away then, instead either hand land or just grab it out of the sky and turn Tello 90° to kill the motors

TelloFpv only: Make sure rates for pitch & roll are 100%. In case of severe gust taking away your drone you can rapidly tap the stop button like mad to perform an emergency shutdown. Better to let Tello fall out of the sky than watch it sail off with the wind.

I’m sorry but there’s not much you can do. Take off in sport/fast mode and get up to 2m quick in a spot out of the wind. Don’t go any higher than you need to and be prepared to land at all times.

Take the propeller guards off for a marginal reduction in the effects of the wind.

Best option is a large well lit indoor space.
you are missing half the fun. Actually with some care Tello is a beast in wind.

Reactions: xcrost and Terry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv