Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Using wireless controllers

Pur3impulse

Reaction score
So, if I read that last post correctly, then it means that as long as u use the app called "tello fpv" instead of the original tello app by the manufacturer, I can actually use nearly any controller, including xbox one controllers....is this correct?

Welcome. Not sure which post you're referring to but the TelloFPV app does indeed offer more options for controllers than the stock app.

Thread title states wireless but highly recommend using a controller that can connect to a phone/device via OTG capability to eliminate transmission interference.

Welcome. Not sure which post you're referring to but the TelloFPV app does indeed offer more options for controllers than the stock app.

Thread title states wireless but highly recommend using a controller that can connect to a phone/device via OTG capability to eliminate transmission interference.
Glad ur educating me on the subject, which brings me to my next question..."OTG"?

USB connectexd slave / devices (your controller,USB drive, your phone, etc) to a master / host ( PC)
OTG allows your phone (which is a device normally) to become a host. The slave becomes a master. Revolucion!

TelloFpv supports any gamepad that is natively supported by Android (most are). Just make it work in this app and it will work in TelloFpv as well

Reactions: ZWActual
Yes, with Tellofpv you can use any controller, wireless or OTG, that Android recognizes.

OTG (on-the-go) is an adapter or specialized cable that plugs into your phone/tablet and can be used for many things, including attaching a wired controller.

If you want to use a wireless controller you'll need two more pieces of equipment to make sure you get a smooth display feed and videos... a USB-powered wifi extender/repeater and a USB power 'brick'. Good luck

Reactions: ZWActual
The one problem I have is that the Tello FPV app is only for Android devices..if you don't have one of those, you're SOL!

The one problem I have is that the Tello FPV app is only for Android devices..if you don't have one of those, you're SOL!
iOS possibility...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv