Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Vps issue

mork

Reaction score
Hi, took my tello up in the hills in very light winds. No WiFi repeater and using gamesir 1td controller. Up no more than 4 metres over sloping ground got message that tello struggling with vps. It became unresponsive to controller - managed to get it down close to ground but unable to land. Had to wait until battery ran out. Anybody else had this problem? Ground sloping, mixed grass and stone.

Welcome. What time of day were you flying at and what was the weather condition? Sunny? Cloudy?

VPS sensor reacts more positively to solid, patterned surfaces than blades of moving grass or over water.

Perhaps the VPS camera and/or sensors are slightly dirty or smudge. Clean it with a soft material.

Thanks for replying. I was flying about midday in sunny conditions. Ground was scrubby - short grass and also stoney/ gravelly. Will look at cleaning camera and sensors and see if that solves problem. Would this condition also affect the controller?

How far were you away from the Tello?

To the best of my knowledge, VPS issues are independent of the controller. What you described as "unresponsive to controller" is more indicative of wireless interference.

Believe the Gamesir T1d is Bluetooth connected to the phone with no OTG capability.

Try to fly again in the same scenario but this time just use your phone (in airplane mode), with only the wireless connected to the Tello and see if it's more responsive.

In fact, when you get a repeater, turn on the Tello first as it typically seeks the less saturated 2.4Ghz channel for the area.

Thanks for the advice. We are only here for a couple of days but if we go up there again will try again without the controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan