Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

VPS

Frap0625

Reaction score
Today when I started flying the Tello and as soon as it to off the visual positioning inactive warning when on and I was using the TelloFPV app then I switch back to the Regular tello app and it did not say it when I took off then I went back to the FPV app and the warning came back up .now iam confused why would it say it with one app and not the other. Any help would be appreciated

Well I read somewhere that VPS wont work in sports mode.. maybe I had it in sports mode and one app and not the other will have to try tomorrow

Well I read somewhere that VPS wont work in sports mode.. maybe I had it in sports mode and one app and not the other will have to try tomorrow
VPS works in sport mode. Try rebooting your phone and drone and try again. Please post result if it continues or not.

Thats just a tiny bug that is caused by timing changes in the latest firmware release.
It says VPS off while Tello is in flightmode "takeoff" which it is for a few seconds with the last firmware. It used to be in takeoff mode only for half a second in earlier firmware versions.
Actually Tello is acquiring a "VPS fix" in that hover period (starting up and stabilizing the position data).

Just ignore, move the sticks and Tello won't complain anymore (well, unless VPS is really off).

Will be fixed in next release.

Last edited:
Thats just a tiny bug that is caused by timing changes in the latest firmware release.
It says VPS off while Tello is in flightmode "takeoff" which it is for a few seconds with the last firmware. It used to be in takeoff mode only for half a second in earlier firmware versions.
Actually Tello is acquiring a "VPS fix" in that hover period (starting up and stabilizing the position data).

Just ignore, move the sticks and Tello won't complain anymore (well, unless VPS is really off).

Will be fixed in next release.
Ok thanks and it must not be off because it stays in place and its responsive and does what I want it to do.by the way great app and even though iam new to the Drone world and iam learning each day one thing for sure that RTH is no joke...Great job

Its been released to google play for the full version (not the demo, that I may do later today).
To use it you must be a Beta tester. To join the beta test program you have to open google play on a device that has TelloFpv installed, go to the TelloFpv page, and scroll half way down for an invitation.

VPS works in sport mode. Try rebooting your phone and drone and try again. Please post result if it continues or not.
Well I started everything this morning and all was fine and no warning when it too off..winds where at 4mph so it was good flying weather..

Attachments

• 2019-01-12 07-22-21.jpg
    2019-01-12 07-22-21.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 21

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv