Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

What the FOV (field of view) of the Tello camera refers to: Vertical, Horizontal or Diagonal?

gbusma

Reaction score
What does the FOV (field of view) of the Tello camera refers to: Vertical, Horizontal or Diagonal?
The tello specs say 82.6* is the field of view. I just wonder is it vertical, horizontal or diagonal? Or if none, please help me to understand it as I try to use Computer Vision to measure the distance from the captured object so that the object is fully present in the image.

Reactions: tellosopher
What does the FOV (field of view) of the Tello camera refers to: Vertical, Horizontal or Diagonal?
The tello specs say 82.6* is the field of view. I just wonder is it vertical, horizontal or diagonal? Or if none, please help me to understand it as I try to use Computer Vision to measure the distance from the captured object so that the object is fully present in the image.
The field of view for all cameras is specified on the diagonal. Specifically, on the diagonal of that part of the sensor used to capture images.
For still photos, that's generally the full sensor.
When shooting video, only a portion of the sensor is used, so the field of view is narrower than for still images.
I've written a full description of how to calculate the video FoV over on the MavicPilots forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: pgminin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv