Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

WiFi Bluetooth Interferences

ravnosalex

Reaction score
Hello all, I've some problems with my Tello, every time and every where I've problems with Bluetooth and WiFi Interferences message with the Official Tello App. This issue get as results low quality videos and I'm always worried about the efficiency of the commands I send to my Tello.
I tried with different configurations :
- Airplane mode
- Bluetooth Off
- No Game Sir T1D
- No WiFi Extender (Xiaomi 2)
- No Apple Watch
- Different places ( distant each other )
No solutions, I've the yellow warning message each 1/2 seconds. My phone is an iPhone XS, please can someone help me ?

Thanks!

Where are you flying? The interference does not necessarily have to come from your own devices (even though iphones can show some strange behaviour)....

Reactions: ravnosalex
I tried in different places in my city (Pisa). Same results everywhere ! :(
I’ll try Tello FPV app from my Android soon. Other ideas ? I want to mod the repeater with 2 antennas.

I tried in different places in my city (Pisa). Same results everywhere ! :(
I’ll try Tello FPV app from my Android soon. Other ideas ? I want to mod the repeater with 2 antennas.
The Xiaomi repeater alone is worth its weight in gold. It is a must have with Tello. Tello FPV is like super thick icing on the cake.! You should be pleasantly surprised. :)

Reactions: ravnosalex
I doubt that an App can fix networking issues (or electronagnetic one).
OK I will put it this way. The stock app is total garbage. I refuse to even use it anymore. It doesn't connect worth a crap.

I’ve tested the Tello FPV App, some Wi-Fi Interferences. Then I tried to power off Tello, than power on again (with the extender still powered on) and the situation improved a lot!!!
Should the issue be related to the same Wi-Fi channel of the Xiaomi repeter?

Last edited:
Reactions: xcrost
No app can change this. Tello reports wifi interference and the app just shows it.

I have not fully understood what triggers this, I guess nobody does except Ryze. If its that bad I'd return Tello and get a new one.

Be careful because smarphones have the futures of use wifi or Bluetooth, also when disabled, for improve localisation...

Your problem may be related to another app on your phone that is misbehaving or poorly written. You might want to force stop of other apps and monitor performance.

Reactions: nds77 and xcrost
When will Tello FPV be available on iOS??
There are no current plans for IOS afaik. Might I suggest buying a cheap used phone with at least Android 5.0. You can get one for the price of a controller and well worth it just to get the app. :)

I am not aware of any development for IOS. Certainly nothing based on TelloFpv.

If you are not into VR goggles an outdated Samsung S4 is good enough (thats what I use fo development).
Dead home button, dead mic, dead IMEI, dead ... doesn't matter. Just get one with a working display, wifi, bluetooth. Should go for 20 Euro on ebay.

But: Video quality seems to be better on IPhone due to better wifi / BT separation.

Probably not before someone is willing to hire an iOS developer and the original Android dev to start working on this....

Anyway, lets stay on topic - there's other threads to discuss TelloFPV development.

Last edited:
This weekend I'll try new places to fly with Tello, I've bought a Huawei P9 Lite to test the Tello FPV App for Android. I will test with different position for the Xiaomi Repeater 2, I want to put it at about 10 15mt from me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv