Hi, so I can delete the mi app and that will not stop the repeater from working?
- Purchase a light color (e.g. white) power bank if you don't already have one (as it'll be exposed to the sun)
- Repeater ideally should be positioned between the controller (you) and the drone
- Elevate the repeater as high as possible
- Avoid flying the drone directly above the repeater
- Install the Mi Home app on a spare device if available
- Deny all permissions to the Mi Home app after installation (better yet, delete it)
- Remove tin foil hat and enjoy
Be patient when setting up. I remember someone posted that they had to reset the repeater 4 times to get it to work. I guess I did well. I only had to reset 3 times. Once you get it working, your Tello is a whole new aircraft! Good luck.Hopefully getting my Xiaomi WiFi repeater next week, any hints or tips on getting the best performance would be appreciated.
Twice here. That's why it's a called a repeater...
IMO...Some Youtube videos are not always readily understandable.
Always, like trying to sell us something, agree.IMO...
MOST YouTube videos are a gigantic waste of time! Egos (and lack of prep) get the best of the posters and they spend 22 minutes 'explaining' something that could easily be explained in 3.
YouTube is usually the last place I go to try to figure out something - and waste my time!
Believe this alternative was well received based on this thread:Is there a good alternative that does NOT require this curious app? I know there should be also some that offer a tiny web interface for configuration in browser and neither account creation nor full device access must be granted. This is a no-go for me.