Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Wifi Repeater Up and Running. More Range means more Dangers :)

Fari

Reaction score
Proof of concept (downtown, high wifi interferences)

Punk Style Flight with 2 crashes. I've been scared by the second as I did not see it coming. Gizmo can go much farther, it's tricky switching between FPV and real world vision.

Technical notes : Vonets11G-300
* It is an hindrance and not an help if it is placed too close from the controlling phone. (Carrying it with me while piloting is not a good idea).
* It works better when placed higher.
* After switching Gizmo's battery (wifi connection reset), it may be necessary to reboot the device.
* This needs to be configured. It wasn't that hard for me but I am a web developer that build his own pcs.
* The power pack I matched it with is solar chargeable :D
IMG_20200812_060418_thumb.jpg

Reactions: Terry and Flydrone

Flydrone

Reaction score
Interesting! I would like to try the VAP11G-500 model
Will this extender be better than the most popular extender for tello? it would seem so!

Fari

Reaction score
Interesting! I would like to try the VAP11G-500 model
Will this extender be better than the most popular extender for tello? it would seem so!
So far it is only impressions but I am under the impression that Gizmo's range increased by some 30%.

I need to setup a reliable benchmarking technique and maybe do some theorical homeworks :)
I have another repeater (ZHONGLI USB Wifi, répéteur WiFi 300 Mbps amplificateur de signal WiFi avec antennes externes extension WiFi pour fréquence 2,4 G et 5 G: Amazon.ca: Téléphones cellulaires et accessoires) ordered that I'll like to bench and also try to use both on the same Tello at once.

I think I need to find and adopt a decent testing ground also. Wifi interferences seems to be very variable around the city.

Reactions: Flydrone

Flydrone

Reaction score
I have always used the Xiaomi extender ² and I am very happy and never any problems.

Fari

Reaction score
I have always used the Xiaomi extender ² and I am very happy and never any problems.
Well, the Xiaomi extender is more expensive. Like 50 CAD$ instead of 20$ for the other I've ordered. I think the Vonet cost me some 30$, its usual purpose is to feed wifi to a lone camera or something.
And I'm in no real need for so much more range.
And I have 2 Tellos anyway, I'll need more repeaters ;), I will probably end up purchasing one Xiaomi some day.
So I told myself I'd try stuff. Starting with what I already had :)
But the Vonets thing does not even have an antena ...
I like these parabolic thingies you guys are toying with, I'll be working on my own optimized solution some day eventually, If I can manage to find the time for exploring everything I want with Tellos.

Reactions: Flydrone

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbird89