Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

WiFi repeater

Price can vary a bit but I bought mine from gearbest when there was a discount, looks like that discount is over so it's $10 now.
I think that's the same as the Xiaomi (mine does say WiFi+ on it), according to tests done by someone else it gives 2.5-4x range (4x only if you have the Tello facing you)
I don't think it's dual band though. It couldn't see the 5G network here.

You are correct it is only 2.4ghz. Must have confused it with some other unit I considered buying. 5.8 would be good to have for closer in flying as its better for video if the Tello supports it.

You are correct it is only 2.4ghz. Must have confused it with some other unit I considered buying. 5.8 would be good to have for closer in flying as its better for video if the Tello supports it.
Pretty sure the Tello is 2.4 only as well sadly.

If you don't mind spending a bit more $$ here's a very powerful set up. An Amped Tapex. It has 800mw of power and when coupled with a good antenna really packs a WiFi punch. Its easy to set up thru the touch screen it runs of a common power pack. It originally had a 12v power source but I found by experiment it will run off the power pack when plugged into its USB port.
The antenna is a double biquad built to Andrew McNeils specs off YouTube has a fairly narrow but powerful beam, but works fine close in in most directions even behind. This system is really for my Bebops but works great for the tello. The repeater was $29, the antenna was from scrap and the pack was $10.IMG_20180603_194818.jpgIMG_20180603_194830.jpg

I don’t know about everyone, but we should not have to be purchasing additional devices to fix something that we (supposedly) already paid for!

I can understand if we want to extend the capabilities of the drone, whatever that is, but to fix something that we have already paid for, makes no sense to me at all.

We should all be complaining to the company and vocalizing the problem using tools like this forum and other social media sites.

The Tello works as it should out of the box. Using a WiFi extender is really just to extend its capabilities. I think it’s also the sort of device that encourages tinkering. I expect we will see lots of accessories on the market soon, and lots of users trying new cameras, changing motors, props, etc. Bring it on!

Reactions: Clinton1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843