Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

WIFI+S Range Extender vs Xiami WIFI Repeater and Tello Channel choice

I found plenty of the same looking ones on eBay here an they run for about 19AUD which is what I paid for xiaomi2 in buying in their brick and mortar store. Thank you for doing this test! Hope you beat a new record in the country! I might get one if you have a favorable report of it later. I also found this 600Mbps dual band unit that has a swivel head like xiaomi.

@volate!lo I don't think xiaomi is a spy app. I needs all those permissions to enable those smart home devices like wifi enabled humidifiers, sweeper bot, lights, heaters, speakers, cameras, alarms and vibrators.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Gleba
I found plenty of the same looking ones on eBay here an they run for about 19AUD which is what I paid for xiaomi2 in buying in their brick and mortar store. Thank you for doing this test! Hope you beat a new record in the country! I might get one if you have a favorable report of it later. I also found this 600Mbps dual band unit that has a swivel head like xiaomi.

@volate!lo I don't think xiaomi is a spy app. I needs all those permissions to enable those smart home devices like wifi enabled humidifiers, sweeper bot, lights, heaters, speakers, cameras, alarms and vibrators.:ROFLMAO:
...and its calling home all the time because it feels homesick. And the files it scans is just because its curious...

Reactions: briest
@raulvolador Can you provide a link of where you bought? Too many chinese coping chinese products these days.

Of course @volate!lo, I bought WIFI+S Extender at Amazon Spain Website for 15.99 euros. Shopping link: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01N32T5ZZ/ I traked packet shipping and realized it was sent from a warehouse located at United Kingdom to my country. In fact, package wrap showed Amazon UK logo outside. Package only took five days to arrive.

Yesterday I performed another test flight using WIFI+S Extender. I flew into same residential area, many neigbours WIFIs, opposite direction than previous test. Again WIFI+S behaved much better than Xiaomi one. Video link is more stable at short distance. I can perform aggresive maneouvers no fear loosing connection. Far distances it doubles range.

I'm afraid to go beyond limits as I have lost confidence in TelloFPV RTH capability after my recent issue Tello overtaking course on returning home ;)New app: TelloFPV

I beg you changing it. I hope RTH could be fixed for performing slower, accurate turns when poor signal detected, as RTH main role is helping us coming back safe from long distance, poor signal, crazy situations.

Has anyone tested the re-connect time for Xiaomi Wifi2 and the Wifi+S ? Just connect everything, turn off Tello, turn it on again and see how long it takes to reconnect after Tello starts to quickly blink yellow (that is the sign Tello's wifi is on and waiting for connection).

That's a very interesting test. I'll perform it next days. For now I can tell you that I have a feeling when I first time connect WIFI+S to powerbank it takes longer to start showing ready LEDs than Xiaomi.

All the best

Raul.

Last edited:
That's the 1st extender i bought for Tello. It was good but i wanted more so i try the Meross.
It same to be less strong but when i tried it i haven't yet the first becouse sold.
Not satisfied, i bought the Xiaomi becouse all people says was the best bla bla.
Yesterday i finally bought a new one extender Wifi+ as your, with 2 antenna... I think it was the best of 3.
Never done any range test becouse i have no much time to do... But the experience of use tell me so.
However, when this new will come to me next week, i'll own all 3 repeater on my bag... How many money on the wc...

That's the 1st extender i bought for Tello. It was good but i wanted more so i try the Meross.
It same to be less strong but when i tried it i haven't yet the first becouse sold.
Not satisfied, i bought the Xiaomi becouse all people says was the best bla bla.
Yesterday i finally bought a new one extender Wifi+ as your, with 2 antenna... I think it was the best of 3.
Never done any range test becouse i have no much time to do... But the experience of use tell me so.
However, when this new will come to me next week, i'll own all 3 repeater on my bag... How many money on the wc...
What are the 3 extenders you have?

I've just ordered this one from amazon UK
KOBWA WiFi Range Extender,2.4GHz 300Mbps USB WiFi Wireless Repeater Router Signal Booster with Dual External Antennas https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N32T5ZZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vD6BCbFJFVRAY

@Captain Moody,

It seems me the same I bought, becouse of same name "KOBWA WiFi Range Extender" and same seller "Bingtao Zhang Ltd". Coming from Amazon UK site it's a good signal too.

I hope WIFI+S Extender works right for you.

Raul.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guorium
I have the Xiaomi Mi2, the Meross Mr220 and waiting this Wifi+ in object, branded Aumkoo

Has anyone tested the re-connect time for Xiaomi Wifi2 and the Wifi+S ? Just connect everything, turn off Tello, turn it on again and see how long it takes to reconnect after Tello starts to quickly blink yellow (that is the sign Tello's wifi is on and waiting for connection).

Just did this test with the Wifi+S .
Reconnection time is about 35 seconds

Reactions: Guorium
Of course @volate!lo, I bought WIFI+S Extender at Amazon Spain Website for 15.99 euros. Shopping link: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01N32T5ZZ/ I traked packet shipping and realized it was sent from a warehouse located at United Kingdom to my country. In fact, package wrap showed Amazon UK logo outside. Package only took five days to arrive.

Yesterday I performed another test flight using WIFI+S Extender. I flew into same residential area, many neigbours WIFIs, opposite direction than previous test. Again WIFI+S behaved much better than Xiaomi one. Video link is more stable at short distance. I can perform aggresive maneouvers no fear loosing connection. Far distances it doubles range.

I'm afraid to go beyond limits as I have lost confidence in TelloFPV RTH capability after my recent issue Tello overtaking course on returning home ;)New app: TelloFPV

I beg you changing it. I hope RTH could be fixed for performing slower, accurate turns when poor signal detected, as RTH main role is helping us coming back safe from long distance, poor signal, crazy situations.

That's a very interesting test. I'll perform it next days. For now I can tell you that I have a feeling when I first time connect WIFI+S to powerbank it takes longer to start showing ready LEDs than Xiaomi.

All the best

Raul.
Regarding your RTH troubles: Rotation speed is now reduced, and also depends on VPS fix quality. As fewer VPS messages are delivered all Autopilots rotate slower. Will be in the next release.

What you can with the current release do is just turn manually util you see the Home indicator somewhat near the center, and then activate RTH.

Regarding your RTH troubles: Rotation speed is now reduced, and also depends on VPS fix quality. As fewer VPS messages are delivered all Autopilots rotate slower. Will be in the next release.
Great ! (y)
I'm looking forward next release...

WIFI+S Range Extender vs Xiami WIFI Repeater

Hi all,

Last months I have been flying my Tello using Xiaomi WIFI Repeater 2. It's a great piece of hardware that allowed me flying farther and safer.

View attachment 3268

But recently I have noticed about WIFI+S Range Extender. I bought one of them and gave it a try. I'm pleasantly surprised. It performed very well, better than Xiami. I would like to share my experiences and invite you doing the same.

View attachment 3269

Firs of all, "WIFI+S Range Extender" is sold under different brands and commercial names, for example "Enyu USB Wi-Fi Range Extender", "KOBWA WIFI Extender", "Pix-Link WIFI Extender", etc.. All of them is the same hardware. You can download a PDF Quick Start Guide from here:

https://fccid.io/2AJRQ-ME300RE/User-Manual/User-Manual-3134110.pdf

Externally WIFI+S Extender is bigger, heavier and heats up more than Xiaomi Repeater. This makes it more uncomfortable to use, but all these characteristics indicate that it is more powerful.

I tested both into a well know urban environment I use to flight often, under moderate wifi interference. I tried to be fair. Same conditions, same takeoff point, same route, even same WIFI channel (I tested it using Wifi Analyzer app).

Both flights were at Fixed bitrate 1mb/s and 0 iframe interval.

I clearly got double performance from WIFI+S Range Extender than Xiami WIFI Repeater.

Let me show you some numbers:

sinking 90db to 70db

sinking 70db to 40db

sinking 40db to 10db

Max Distance

Xiami WIFI Repeater

38 mt

134 mt

138 mt

148 mt

WIFI+S Range Extender

180 mt

289 mt

unreached

291 mt

Here an screen capture max distance achieved using Xiaomi WIFI Repeater:

View attachment 3270

Here an screen capture max distance achieved using WIFI+S Range Extender:

View attachment 3271

I hope I will perform further tests in the next future

I'll keep you informed

Raul.
Hi, Can you please tell me how to connect mi wifi extender 2 ffa2 with Tello and GameSir T1d via Volatello's Tello FPV app with my Samsung J3. I just did receive the extender but am stuck despite Youtube explanations that are not very specific about what exactly do do and in which order...pse HELP. Maurits

You can delete the Xiaomi app after you have set up the extender ??
He got a weird one that loses configurations overtime...

@volate!lo I set tello to hover in my room and unplugged with xiaomi 2. Started the stopwatch when I replug it in. Roughly, xiaomi 2 turns blue at 16 seconds and my phone regains control at 21seconds (interestingly vid comes back at 18s). I told my phone to forget about tello's own signal so it will reconnect to the repeater.

@raulvolador I just ordered this. It looks like what you have. Also saw a guy on youtube saying this has better range than xiaomi 1 as the video is a bit old. Will try it out next week and report back in. My guess is the external antennae are better than xiaomi.

Last edited:
WIFI+S Range Extender vs Xiami WIFI Repeater

Hi all,

Last months I have been flying my Tello using Xiaomi WIFI Repeater 2. It's a great piece of hardware that allowed me flying farther and safer.

View attachment 3268

But recently I have noticed about WIFI+S Range Extender. I bought one of them and gave it a try. I'm pleasantly surprised. It performed very well, better than Xiami. I would like to share my experiences and invite you doing the same.

View attachment 3269

Firs of all, "WIFI+S Range Extender" is sold under different brands and commercial names, for example "Enyu USB Wi-Fi Range Extender", "KOBWA WIFI Extender", "Pix-Link WIFI Extender", etc.. All of them is the same hardware. You can download a PDF Quick Start Guide from here:

https://fccid.io/2AJRQ-ME300RE/User-Manual/User-Manual-3134110.pdf

Externally WIFI+S Extender is bigger, heavier and heats up more than Xiaomi Repeater. This makes it more uncomfortable to use, but all these characteristics indicate that it is more powerful.

I tested both into a well know urban environment I use to flight often, under moderate wifi interference. I tried to be fair. Same conditions, same takeoff point, same route, even same WIFI channel (I tested it using Wifi Analyzer app).

Both flights were at Fixed bitrate 1mb/s and 0 iframe interval.

I clearly got double performance from WIFI+S Range Extender than Xiami WIFI Repeater.

Let me show you some numbers:

sinking 90db to 70db

sinking 70db to 40db

sinking 40db to 10db

Max Distance

Xiami WIFI Repeater

38 mt

134 mt

138 mt

148 mt

WIFI+S Range Extender

180 mt

289 mt

unreached

291 mt

Here an screen capture max distance achieved using Xiaomi WIFI Repeater:

View attachment 3270

Here an screen capture max distance achieved using WIFI+S Range Extender:

View attachment 3271

I hope I will perform further tests in the next future

I'll keep you informed

Raul.
Hi, Can you please tell me how to connect mi wifi extender 2 ffa2 with Tello and GameSir T1d via Volatello's Tello FPV app with my Samsung J3. I just did receive the extender but am stuck despite Youtube explanations that are not very specific about what exactly do do and in which order...pse HELP. Maurits

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv