Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

WIFI+S Range Extender vs Xiami WIFI Repeater and Tello Channel choice

And here is what I found out:
The Wifi+ does not seem to be available. Although I had explicitly ordered that, I got a PixLink, of which I now have two.

I used a Fluke Aircheck WiFi tester, and the PixLink had a somewhat stronger signal than the Xiaomi.
But the first extended test flight with the PixLink resulted in the loss of one of my Tellos. (Though I went searching several times, I was not lucky yet.)

After taking a few still photos, the drone stopped responding to steering commands and after about 20 seconds, the app reported VPS loss and auto-landing.
I never had that with the Xiaomi.

Has anyone experienced similar behavior with the PixLink?

• Wow
Reactions: raulvolador

Not I'm sorry.

But I can remember @volatello talk at this thread some time ago about a powerfull wifi router (Xiaomi "Nano Youth) he used to flight with his Parrot BeBop. Great signal but in case of disconnection it takes a looooong time to reconect.

Raul.

Any repeater takes some time to reconnect because of the Wi-Fi and sometimes you have to go back into the settings and reconnect to that particular Wi-Fi network. However, the camera on the Tello has so much lag that it’s nearly impossible to use it to fly without crashing. If you want to have fun with your Tello, get an FPV camera it will handle it easily and either a monitor or set of goggles that way you can go out and fly it like a regular drone.

I use the xiami repeater with 2, 4 watt boosters, 2 biquad antenna, and a 200 mw fpv camera and can get out a mile on flat ground. The signal strength in the fpv goggles acts like a locator when I goes down, otherwise it is gone first time the signal is lost.
That's an amazing setup. Can you post pics/details? (Or have I missed them in another thread?)

Here you go it will go out over a mile but it doesn’t have enough battery to make it back

Attachments

• 5D985F78-62AA-442D-A9DA-9A8BCA211D6E.jpeg
    5D985F78-62AA-442D-A9DA-9A8BCA211D6E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
  • 021A0366-BC74-4727-9CB3-4BB6407EB38C.jpeg
    021A0366-BC74-4727-9CB3-4BB6407EB38C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
  • E33DEA4E-B55D-4A53-B98F-5AB1B8C2D9BD.jpeg
    E33DEA4E-B55D-4A53-B98F-5AB1B8C2D9BD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
  • 4C687E57-1686-4158-B6FA-FC54E71EDB21.jpeg
    4C687E57-1686-4158-B6FA-FC54E71EDB21.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
  • 502DCF47-1440-431D-8B47-F62D2B1B6EAD.jpeg
    502DCF47-1440-431D-8B47-F62D2B1B6EAD.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 72
  • 9D2DC2CE-CE78-4FE6-8077-29A249FDC50C.jpeg
    9D2DC2CE-CE78-4FE6-8077-29A249FDC50C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
And here is what I found out:
The Wifi+ does not seem to be available. Although I had explicitly ordered that, I got a PixLink, of which I now have two.

I used a Fluke Aircheck WiFi tester, and the PixLink had a somewhat stronger signal than the Xiaomi.
But the first extended test flight with the PixLink resulted in the loss of one of my Tellos. (Though I went searching several times, I was not lucky yet.)

After taking a few still photos, the drone stopped responding to steering commands and after about 20 seconds, the app reported VPS loss and auto-landing.
I never had that with the Xiaomi.

I didn't have any problems like that with Pix-Link, it sometimes has trouble connecting, but reconnecting is quite fast (a few seconds) and reliable even when I was trying to break the connection.
My Tello derped out on me a few times at low range (like falling out of the sky), but I didn't associate it with the extender every time the video feed didn't stop.
Only problem I have is that my video is never fully smooth, but that could be my phone as it neither is without an extender,

Reactions: AReResearch
Raul,

Will this WIFI+S Range Extender configuration work with IOS devices?

Thanks for all the help you have been providing everyone on this device.

Muchas gracias,

3DGDad
US Navy, Retired

WIFI+S Range Extender vs Xiami WIFI Repeater

Hi all,

Last months I have been flying my Tello using Xiaomi WIFI Repeater 2. It's a great piece of hardware that allowed me flying farther and safer.

View attachment 3268

But recently I have noticed about WIFI+S Range Extender. I bought one of them and gave it a try. I'm pleasantly surprised. It performed very well, better than Xiami. I would like to share my experiences and invite you doing the same.

View attachment 3269

Firs of all, "WIFI+S Range Extender" is sold under different brands and commercial names, for example "Enyu USB Wi-Fi Range Extender", "KOBWA WIFI Extender", "Pix-Link WIFI Extender", etc.. All of them is the same hardware. You can download a PDF Quick Start Guide from here:

https://fccid.io/2AJRQ-ME300RE/User-Manual/User-Manual-3134110.pdf

Externally WIFI+S Extender is bigger, heavier and heats up more than Xiaomi Repeater. This makes it more uncomfortable to use, but all these characteristics indicate that it is more powerful.

I tested both into a well know urban environment I use to flight often, under moderate wifi interference. I tried to be fair. Same conditions, same takeoff point, same route, even same WIFI channel (I tested it using Wifi Analyzer app).

Both flights were at Fixed bitrate 1mb/s and 0 iframe interval.

I clearly got double performance from WIFI+S Range Extender than Xiami WIFI Repeater.

Let me show you some numbers:

sinking 90db to 70db

sinking 70db to 40db

sinking 40db to 10db

Max Distance

Xiami WIFI Repeater

38 mt

134 mt

138 mt

148 mt

WIFI+S Range Extender

180 mt

289 mt

unreached

291 mt

Here an screen capture max distance achieved using Xiaomi WIFI Repeater:

View attachment 3270

Here an screen capture max distance achieved using WIFI+S Range Extender:

View attachment 3271

I hope I will perform further tests in the next future

I'll keep you informed

Raul.
Great informative comments on exactly the issue I was looking for...thanks

Hallo everyone, this is my second xiaomi repeater 2 , the first ist broken at the usb connector.
Now i like build the connection to the tello, but it doesn´t work. I chose the region china but i doesen´t find the repeater.... For a next test i cose greece region , but i found also nothing. Whats my misstake ? What i have to to ? If i search with the app the extender , my wifi in phone is connect to home wifi , is it correct ? Have i to cut all connections if is scan for the repeater ?

Tanks a lot. I don´t know what i´ve done the first time to add the repeater .

WIFI+S Range Extender vs Xiami WIFI Repeater

Hi all,

Last months I have been flying my Tello using Xiaomi WIFI Repeater 2. It's a great piece of hardware that allowed me flying farther and safer.

View attachment 3268

But recently I have noticed about WIFI+S Range Extender. I bought one of them and gave it a try. I'm pleasantly surprised. It performed very well, better than Xiami. I would like to share my experiences and invite you doing the same.

View attachment 3269

Firs of all, "WIFI+S Range Extender" is sold under different brands and commercial names, for example "Enyu USB Wi-Fi Range Extender", "KOBWA WIFI Extender", "Pix-Link WIFI Extender", etc.. All of them is the same hardware. You can download a PDF Quick Start Guide from here:

https://fccid.io/2AJRQ-ME300RE/User-Manual/User-Manual-3134110.pdf

Externally WIFI+S Extender is bigger, heavier and heats up more than Xiaomi Repeater. This makes it more uncomfortable to use, but all these characteristics indicate that it is more powerful.

I tested both into a well know urban environment I use to flight often, under moderate wifi interference. I tried to be fair. Same conditions, same takeoff point, same route, even same WIFI channel (I tested it using Wifi Analyzer app).

Both flights were at Fixed bitrate 1mb/s and 0 iframe interval.

I clearly got double performance from WIFI+S Range Extender than Xiami WIFI Repeater.

Let me show you some numbers:

sinking 90db to 70db

sinking 70db to 40db

sinking 40db to 10db

Max Distance

Xiami WIFI Repeater

38 mt

134 mt

138 mt

148 mt

WIFI+S Range Extender

180 mt

289 mt

unreached

291 mt

Here an screen capture max distance achieved using Xiaomi WIFI Repeater:

View attachment 3270

Here an screen capture max distance achieved using WIFI+S Range Extender:

View attachment 3271

I hope I will perform further tests in the next future

I'll keep you informed

Raul.
may we know where to purchase in Philippines?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv