Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Winter Flying

dontok2mi

Reaction score
Have anyone one of you tried fying your tello below freezing point? How was it? Send sample pictures and videos. Thanks

Batteries hold less charge and discharge quicker when cold so much shorter flight time. Keep batteries warm inside coat pocket until ready to fly. Not harmful in the long run since cold exposure so brief

Batteries hold less charge and discharge quicker when cold so much shorter flight time. Keep batteries warm inside coat pocket until ready to fly. Not harmful in the long run since cold exposure so brief

Thanks for the reminder @DrDrew4
I made a holder out of an old lunch bag and put some kind of insulation on top and bottom to keep my tello, 3 batteries, battery dock, and controller warm. I think I’m prepared now for my very 1st outdoor flight. Not just an ordinary flight, but in winter.

Attachments

• 16A8F279-86C0-414F-AA63-6C4433C3D224.jpeg
    16A8F279-86C0-414F-AA63-6C4433C3D224.jpeg
    343.3 KB · Views: 25
Hi!

I did a flight today in -10 °C / 14 °F. I had no problems whatsoever, except I got very cold on my hands ;) This is my first post and would like to use this opportunity to thanks for a good community / forum.

Reactions: russticle
Hi!

I did a flight today in -10 °C / 14 °F. I had no problems whatsoever, except I got very cold on my hands ;) This is my first post and would like to use this opportunity to thanks for a good community / forum.

Welcome to the forum @Larshenrik
Can you post some pictures and videos here from your winter flying experince? Thanks

Winter flying works fine with tello. Batteries will not last so long tough. Couple of days ago it was around -23°C in here (finland). Tello did fly nicely. Batteries lasted about 8-9mins in that weather.

Winter flying works fine with tello. Batteries will not last so long tough. Couple of days ago it was around -23°C in here (finland). Tello did fly nicely. Batteries lasted about 8-9mins in that weather.
Thanks for the additional info. I'm impressed that tello can withstand -23. I'll try it next time.

These are what I learned from my first winter flight.
1. Really know the weather condition
2. Shoe prints or patterns on the snow for the optical sensor to work
3. Keep yourself warm

ha, i flew twice this morning for about 10mins each time. at first it was 2 degrees F and then about 1.5hrs later 5 degrees F. had fun, but started to get a little breezier the 2nd time but gosh it held it's own even 50ft up!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv