Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Wired xbox controller?

UrbexFlyer

Reaction score
Trying to use a wired xbox one controller with my galaxy note 9. The controller connects to the phone and operates phone functions but will not work in the official tello app. Haven't tried it in tello fpv. Anyone else use a wired controller?

Get the trial TelloFPV app to make sure you're happy with it, but we'll worth the spend.

:ROFLMAO:

I prefer if people try the demo first. That reduces the refunds, headaches, and bad ratings.
I have recently seen a trend that instead of trying the free demo first, and leaving a bad rating there, folks now purchase the real one right away and leave their rating there if they have problems.

Where TelloFpv Demo consistently had 4.3 stars and the paid version 4.8 this has changed recently to 4.5 for the demo, and 4.2 for the paid version... I guess many people expect wonders nowadays, like if TelloFpv converts their drone into a spark on steroids, or that it can magically fix their bad phone reception, or magically connect to their drone's wifi by itself.

Already got the fpv app before I tried this. Nice work volate!lo!! Still can't get the controller to work though. Am I missing something?

From your post, the only thing I can tell that's missing is:
You didn't tell us what kind of controller, phone, or what you've tried so far
Boy that's not true... to quote my first post... "Trying to use a wired xbox one controller with my galaxy note 9. The controller connects to the phone and operates phone functions but will not work in the official tello app. Haven't tried it in tello fpv. Anyone else use a wired controller?"

Reading is hard.

to quote my first post
Sorry, I didn't go back and re-read post #1 and did not realize this was your thread to begin with.

I had clicked into this thread before, a few days ago, so this time the forum software took me straight to the first unread post. The conversation in the last few posts before your post #7 (and then mine) had turned to Tellofpv, spelling, and the inherent value of a demo app.

I'll get out of your thread now and click 'unwatch' on the way out.
Good luck

Sorry, I didn't go back and re-read post #1 and did not realize this was your thread to begin with.

I had clicked into this thread before, a few days ago, so this time the forum software took me straight to the first unread post. The conversation in the last few posts before your post #7 (and then mine) had turned to Tellofpv, spelling, and the inherent value of a demo app.

I'll get out of your thread now and click 'unwatch' on the way out.
Good luck

Sorry... don't mean to be hostile...

Reactions: umanbean
@UrbexFlyer

With the wired Xbox One controller attached to the Note 9, believe this arrangement is behaving as a standard USB and not an OTG connection. Oversimplification but...

If the controller cable end is male micro USB and Note 9 female USB C, you may need this (or equivalent) OTG adapter. Have not encounter this setup to date so caveat emptor.

App for testing controller setup:

@UrbexFlyer

With the wired Xbox One controller attached to the Note 9, believe this arrangement is behaving as a standard USB and not an OTG connection. Oversimplification but...

If the controller cable end is male micro USB and Note 9 female USB C, you may need this (or equivalent) OTG adapter. Have not encounter this setup to date so caveat emptor.

I guess I should say I'm connecting a wireless controller via a USB C cable, through a USB to USB C adapter... so basically, male USB C into the controller, to standard male USB, to standard female USB, too male USB C, to phone.

That appears to be a standard USB C adapter.

Don't have access to a Samsung anymore but assuming OTG is capable and enabled by default on the Note 9 (short of digging into developer options), here's a suggestion for an USB C OTG adapter:

As soon as you make it work as a normal gamepad controller it will work in telloFpv as well.

So don't limit your search on tello but instead look for solutions for your controller and android games. Google "Android xbox controller" and see if you can find a solution to connect the controller to Android.
Once its connected and all sticks work with proportional (!) output it will work in TelloFpv as well.
To check, use this tester app

@UrbexFlyer

That's true for the Note 8 also, which I just bought.(2020) I saw it worked for DJI drones, so I bought one and it works. Mine is the uoeos. The controller is Gamesir T1s. On+ B, brings up some chinese controllers that are ok, or microsoft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv