Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Xiaomi Repeater

Ed H

Reaction score
I just got one of these.It took me a long time to hook it up to the tello.
I was thinking about getting another one for my breeze because it took so long
to get it to work with the tello.I don't want to reset it every time I fly a different
drone.Does that make any sense?

Makes sense to me, sure. Maybe you can try a cheaper one. I bought a really cheap one that you can set up in literally 10 seconds. You connect to the repeater with your phone or pc, open the browser and type a URL, it shows you all your wifi networks, select the Tello network, save. Done. Now your repeater is linked to the Tello wifi network.

Makes sense to me, sure. Maybe you can try a cheaper one. I bought a really cheap one that you can set up in literally 10 seconds. You connect to the repeater with your phone or pc, open the browser and type a URL, it shows you all your wifi networks, select the Tello network, save. Done. Now your repeater is linked to the Tello wifi network.
Link????

This is one:

I got a different one really cheap at a store around the corner haha and the setup is exactly the same.
Nisuta

(I haven't been able to find info in English, it seems this company is from some Spanish speaking country.)

Got the Xiaomi 2 repeater. Finally got it setup and talking to the Tello. Lags for commands and video make this useless. Is there some trick I am unaware of before I return it?

Got the Xiaomi 2 repeater. Finally got it setup and talking to the Tello. Lags for commands and video make this useless. Is there some trick I am unaware of before I return it?
I had some similar issues and found great improvement by keeping the repeater off the ground and in my jacket's upper pocket.

I can't explain why it's better. I just read it somewhere here on the forum.

I had the repeater only a few feet from the drone and experienced the delays. I don't think this device is suitable for real time controls such as a drone (fine for web surfing perhaps). I don't understand why or how others have gotten it to work satisfactorily.

Once it works it works great! I was out 1200 ft. yesterday. The best placement is a front pocket with the blue light facing out.

When installing the repeater it will only complete the first 2 checks. The third does not complete because there is no internet connection. Once the "plus" appears in wifi i just force close the Mi app.

I returned it. Control/command latency was huge and the video delays made it completely unusable for FPV.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv