Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Xiaomi WIFI Repeater 2 Set Up HELP

mrsr71

Reaction score
Howdy,

I’ve ordered a Xiaomi WIFI Repeater 2 and I currently have a power pack, the GamSir T1d controller,. and the Tello. I’m currently flying with the T1d, iPhone 8, and all is working perfectly.

Can someone tell me the step by step instructions to get Xiaomi WIFI Repeater 2 to work? Searching the web and watching various YouTube videos resulted in conflicting instructions and I prefer to get it right the first time.

Thanks much…

Howdy,

I’ve ordered a Xiaomi WIFI Repeater 2 and I currently have a power pack, the GamSir T1d controller,. and the Tello. I’m currently flying with the T1d, iPhone 8, and all is working perfectly.

Can someone tell me the step by step instructions to get Xiaomi WIFI Repeater 2 to work? Searching the web and watching various YouTube videos resulted in conflicting instructions and I prefer to get it right the first time.

Thanks much…

View attachment 4380
The gadgetman you tube video on setting up the tello with WiFi extender uses an iPhone. worked for me. Hope this helps

You should use a wired connection between your controller and phone otherwise I understand that a Bluetooth connection causes interference

Why even post this link when Amazon states:

“Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.”

Not very helpful.
I'm just telling you about this repeater. I don't have any control over Amazons inventory. Maybe if you took the time to do some research maybe you might find it elsewhere. Just tried to be helpful. So good luck.

Howdy,

Thanks much…

View attachment 4380

I used the following 5 minute video to instruct me. It assisted me in installing two Xiaomi 2 repeaters for two small drones - one was the Tello with the GameSir T1d. Works perfectly, although I haven't tested the range improvement.

I'm writing this as advice (based on an experience) for Xiaomi Mi Wifi 2 Repeater users. I live in the city between 2 no-fly zones, and don't get to fly that much. So every two weeks or so I practice run on all my drones (I have six) at home indoors. Yesterday I set up my Tello with the Xioami MI 2 - and got no connection! I had to completely reinstall the connection using the Mi Home app (which has very recently been updated). I currently use two Xioami Mi 2 Repeaters, one for the Tello and a second one for a cute little drone that fits in my shirt pocket, the Eachine Windmill E014. (The Xioami can only be connected to one drone, so I have one Xioami for each drone). As I have said, the connection between the Tello and the Xioami vanished, I don't know how, and I had to reinstall. So my advice is that if you are going to fly a Tello (or any other drone that employs the Xiaomi) - set it up at home first to ensure that the connection exists - reinstalling in the field can be a nuisance.

I'm writing this as advice (based on an experience) for Xiaomi Mi Wifi 2 Repeater users. I live in the city between 2 no-fly zones, and don't get to fly that much. So every two weeks or so I practice run on all my drones (I have six) at home indoors. Yesterday I set up my Tello with the Xioami MI 2 - and got no connection! I had to completely reinstall the connection using the Mi Home app (which has very recently been updated). I currently use two Xioami Mi 2 Repeaters, one for the Tello and a second one for a cute little drone that fits in my shirt pocket, the Eachine Windmill E014. (The Xioami can only be connected to one drone, so I have one Xioami for each drone). As I have said, the connection between the Tello and the Xioami vanished, I don't know how, and I had to reinstall. So my advice is that if you are going to fly a Tello (or any other drone that employs the Xiaomi) - set it up at home first to ensure that the connection exists - reinstalling in the field can be a nuisance.
Happened to me several times, ditched the Xiaomi and got the wifi+ instead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv