Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Xiaomi WiFi Repeater comfortable smartphone adapter/case (Cheap DIY)

aitowel

Reaction score
Hi guys! First of all, what you're going to see it's not a joke haha, I know it's so "homemade" but it's works! And you'll get better wifi signal/stability for control the Tello and for better video.

So, as we usually work with the Repeater and the Tello is putting the repeater in a permanent place with the powerbank when we are going to flight (maybe with a tripod).

I wanted to make this portable and confortable, so the best way I found it's was to convert an old/cheap smartphone case in an adapter to our Wifi Repeater, so you'll find that actually looks like a typical Drone Remote.

So you just need your repeater, a case of your smartphone that you dont like at all (because you need to make some holes on It) and an USB extender, to connect the repeater from the smartphone to your powerbank (the powerbank could be placed in a backpack, your jacket/jeans pocket, a Tello case hooked to your jeans etc...).

I tried today, and I get better signal, I think that first of all because the antenna is always looking to the Tello (as you move your smartphone) and because you can move following your Tello if you want.

Anyway, hope you like this idea! Next step will be put a signal amplifier (like the Fimi X8 signal amplifier) to the Xiaomi repeater.

Greetings!.
181c2a34cf8d0363c730973e825e0664.jpg
cc13feb6695e8a3e01334d082ed17129.jpg
4e5ffaa4c36f5eafadebe96490fbb016.jpg
38e1476af65cfc50743ad0acc3a134c3.jpg
5c547316fe368d53d1f6c33bce12461e.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

smart !

Just keep in mind that for best reception quality the repeater should be a few meters away from you (your phone is a source of RF noise). But for improving near range reception a really smart solution for those who don't have a 3d printer

Reactions: Terry and aitowel
I know that the best way is putting the repeater a few meters ago guys, i dont know if is because i just wanted to have this as a "good solution", but for me having the repeater in this way, always ponting to the drone, has improved the video and control stability, maybe less range than putting the repeater as we usually do, but for video quality and stability for me worked perfect. I think that if the Xiaomi repeater has a really directional antenna, maybe is because of this.

Reactions: Terry and Seaking6
I know that the best way is putting the repeater a few meters ago guys, i dont know if is because i just wanted to have this as a "good solution", but for me having the repeater in this way, always ponting to the drone, has improved the video and control stability, maybe less range than putting the repeater as we usually do, but for video quality and stability for me worked perfect. I think that if the Xiaomi repeater has a really directional antenna, maybe is because of this.

Great idea if you are on the move with your tello. ?

Reactions: aitowel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv