Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Xiaomi WiFi repeater performance

khammer

Reaction score
My first question ( I'm new here so hello everyone ) , does anyone consider the performance of the Xiaomi WiFi repeater worse than just using their phone? , I tried some side by side tests using the stock tello app and the tello fpv app and find their is more video corruption and signal break up when using the wifi repeater, obviously I'm doing these tests with mobile data turned off and in airplane mode , everything runs smoother with just the phone ( Honor 8x ) , Is there a wifi repeater that would be superior to the Xiaomi model

I have been thinking the same but out it down to me doing something wrong in setup. But i know it's set up correctly now but it's just not as good as the YouTube videos. What gives?

Makes you wonder if there are quality control issues with these Xiaomi WiFi repeaters or some are just inferior cloned copies

Mine takes about 20 seconds for the light to go from amber to blue, once it’s connected it’s great. Bought directly from Gearbest website.

Mine takes about the same amount of time to go blue. Just when it does there's no difference in range at all. I'm going to experiment with another brand and see if it does better. Here's a link to what I reckon should work VERY well..... Amazon.com: WifiHouse Z160 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender,WiFi Repeater Signal Extender Supports Repeater/ Access Point/ Router Mode with Network Interface,Essentials Edition: Computers & Accessories paired with 2 of these: Alfa 7 dBi Directional Panel Antenna for Use W Awus036h AWUS036NH + more | eBay
It has worked with other wifi drones.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Does the orientation of the device make any difference? I always put my repeater as high as I can and away from metal objects. Like up on a fence post or wall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv