Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Yellow ligth quicly blinks while flying and Tello freeze hovering

imingui

Reaction score
Hi everyone Tello is my first drone experience , everything looks great but from time to time the drone keeps hovering with no response, the yellow light quickly blinks, some times can recovery control reconecting the drone and resTARTING THE APP .
is the same with Tello app or with a tello pilot, is this due to wifi interference or is something else.
Thanks in advance from Argentina

Saludos,

From what I’ve seen, when your mobile device is connected to the Tello (which has no internet) and the cellphone detects a known wifi with internet, it will most likely drop the Tello wifi for the other one with internet.

No the wifi stays coneccted to wifi as Cel phone shows, i Also disabled search for new networks in Wifi configuration, so Even my home wifi needs to be manually conected, i Will try withou Bluetooth controller, yo see if this works.
Sometimes is very harshy to conect the td1

Attachments

• IMG_20181101_175611027.jpg
    IMG_20181101_175611027.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Hmmm. Try another cellphone or tablet and see if it does the same.

Remember that when the Tello shows with a fast yellow blinking light, it means that the Tello isn't connected to the app. If it disconnect mid flight, then the problem is wifi connectivity. In this case is either a bad wifi adapter in the Tello or phone.

Ansia first of all thank you very much for your help, after your post, i remember a few things,
.First when connecting trough wifi extender the blue light never goes off so de drone wifi is always connected to the range extender.even when gets freezed
second a friend of mine has in its cel phone a wifi scaner, and he told me that the wifi signal of the drone was always available even when the drone stays freeze in the air.
So begining to think mi moto g3 isnt enough , or has some issues with the tello maybe also the conection via bluetooth is makin some noise in the connection .
i will make more test without t1d and with my wife phone wich is moto g5.
I will post the updates.
Thanks again

Anytime. As for the Tello wifi being available. Don't worry, once connected to one device, any other that connects to it, can't hijack your Tello. So you are saying your range extender freezes up, so your problem arises. Try connecting your phone directly to the Tello and see what happens. Bluetooth only shortens the distance due to traveling in the same frequency, but it shouldn't freeze the extender.

the same happens with or without the range extender, but maybe another phone is conecting to my drone because is a open connection or something like this, i will add password again to the drone a see what happens .
and test.
weird thing is that i flew an entire battery without problem with t1d and in the second battery hangs two times and the connection of the t1d takes a lot of work

Sadly I don't have your phone, nor your controller. I use a Steelseries Stratus XL with a Galaxy S8. So I can't do some testing.

No the wifi stays coneccted to wifi as Cel phone shows, i Also disabled search for new networks in Wifi configuration, so Even my home wifi needs to be manually conected, i Will try withou Bluetooth controller, yo see if this works.
Sometimes is very harshy to conect the td1
Weird same things happened to me Today.is my 1st time experienced it, when I am flying, it stop and hover mid air like 10feet,tello apps still on and connected,but my control doens't do anything... got panicked go to other controller apps like atello to try to control there... can't connect from atello? returned back to tello, still connected,try to move all virtual stick ? finally yaw work and have control again...
i returned it back stop.flying scarry feeling.?
i noticed: this is the 1st time happened,when i ignored to put my phone to airplane mode...
so some interference might be the cause, to sudden, temporarily freeze of my tello control.
so better always turn-on airplane mode, before continuing flying ??

Weird same things happened to me Today.is my 1st time experienced it, when I am flying, it stop and hover mid air like 10feet,tello apps still on and connected,but my control doens't do anything... got panicked go to other controller apps like atello to try to control there... can't connect from atello? returned back to tello, still connected,try to move all virtual stick ? finally yaw work and have control again...
i returned it back stop.flying scarry feeling.?
i noticed: this is the 1st time happened,when i ignored to put my phone to airplane mode...
so some interference might be the cause, to sudden, temporarily freeze of my tello control.
so better always turn-on airplane mode, before continuing flying ??
Btw i don't use Bluetooth controller, only my Phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv