Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

10m altitude limit

Nevermind. The altitude hack is working fine with latest firmware. I was doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Tello 10m altitude limit is altered to 30m by PingguSoft's python program
Can confirm this works nicely. At 30m up its not easy to track visually, but it didnt drift too much even in the wind.

Appears to kill the battery life though.
View attachment 308View attachment 309

(This is also using a xaomi extender, I'd be cautious of going out of range otherwise)
Here's 30 meters -- about 100 feet -- slight breeze, Tello solid as a rock, and capable of flying at least 100m horizontally with good video reception. No hit on battery life that I could see. The Xaoimi repeater makes a huge difference. (A tip: wear a shirt with a breast pocket, and put the repeater + a credit-card sized battery in it: that way the repeater will almost always be facing the Tello.)

plase sir how to do it

plase creat video step by step??
plase how to do it???

plase sir how to do it

plase creat video step by step??
plase how to do it???
Go to this thread. 10m altitude limit
find post by billy yuen with downloadable exe.
download exe and extract file to desktop.
disconnect wifi from internet and connect laptop wifi to tello-xxxx network.
run exe. If any popups about firewalls apper, click allow.
(output in window should say new altitude limit set)

Reactions: Mikeyb233
I downloaded this software IEIRISOFTWARE LAB on my iPhone 10 paid 99 cents it works

This annoys me. On iOS someone is charging 99p for a compiled version of someone elses hard work on reengineering the python interface
On Android, the app has ads.

If i had the time i would compile a free version for each platform. Ugh

Reactions: Rob63
Up to now i have to try it when there is less wind i thought the wind was not that bad the day i tried it as soon as it was heading higher the wind was overtaking it moving towards the trees, i will let you know for sure ..

Guys be carefull about 30m limit. Every-time my Tello goes above 20m it starts drifting and become almost uncontrollable also with Xiaomi repeater with full signal.

once the visual position system switches off, then yeah, it is more prone to drift, I've had two almost fly-aways (one of which ended up in a tree)
It's much windier at 30m too, but if it's not windy, It's usually pretty stable.

switching to fast mode can help bringing it under control

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv