Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

15m in high wind

Very nice pictures! Thank you. Just a word of advice ( to us all)...do be careful going high. I helped a friend with his new Tello and with the TALS app. (going higher up). I told him at least 3 times to be careful of wind going high. Sure enough, he was flying around 25-30 metres, near a lake and...you guessed it, he lost control and his new joy went into the lake, never to be seen again.

Reactions: Robfez29
Very nice pictures! Thank you. Just a word of advice ( to us all)...do be careful going high. I helped a friend with his new Tello and with the TALS app. (going higher up). I told him at least 3 times to be careful of wind going high. Sure enough, he was flying around 25-30 metres, near a lake and...you guessed it, he lost control and his new joy went into the lake, never to be seen again.
That’s why I didn’t go over 15 on this day the wind was way to strong, I always fly with fast mode in the wind too so it won’t start getting carried away like in slow mode.
Waiting for a calm day to go 30m, was your friend using a repeater btw?

Reactions: teseo and Yo-dude
Yes he was using a repeater actually. Good advice about going in fast mode. Another thing I learned was if you start to lose control and get sort of a 'fly away', hit "land" and the craft seems to stop and go down. Then you can cancel and resume. Has a worked a few times.

Reactions: teseo and Robfez29
Yes he was using a repeater actually. Good advice about going in fast mode. Another thing I learned was if you start to lose control and get sort of a 'fly away', hit "land" and the craft seems to stop and go down. Then you can cancel and resume. Has a worked a few times.
Ah, that’s good advice thanks

Reactions: Yo-dude
Ah, that’s good advice thanks

Thanks... I was just thinking about the last time... I was at a beach, water one side and houses the other. Not up too high but maybe the sensors got confused, and it just started to veer away, quickly, too quickly toward a bunch of houses.. I had lost control basically . I already had had a hard crash and broke stuff so this time I did what I wish I had done that time, so quick like I hit 'land' and it stopped veering away and slowly started to land. I then cancelled and went up a bit, I had control, then I kept it low and flew it back to me ...whew. Lesson learned. You will get the right conditions. Good on you that you are patient!

Reactions: teseo and Robfez29
By the way, do you have a controller ? Like the Gamesir...? or just your phone/tablet? I had a Gamesir. A bit of money but worth it! You have lots of controls at your finger tips so you don't even have to look down.

By the way, do you have a controller ? Like the Gamesir...? or just your phone/tablet? I had a Gamesir. A bit of money but worth it! You have lots of controls at your finger tips so you don't even have to look down.
Yeah I have a g3 but wasn’t using it at the time, not sure if it’s worth it after seeing video issues when running Bluetooth

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv