Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

About to take off in Colorado

Rocketmanzim

Reaction score
I just installed the latest firmware on my Tello and hoping to fly tomorrow here in Colorado - assuming the wind slows down enough.

I got the Tello as my first drone. I think I really want a Mavic Air. So I figured I'd start off smaller to start before making that bigger plunge.

It took me two try to install the latest firmware. The first attempt stopped at 30% and left the white LED on (on the Tello). I had to pull out the battery to turn if off. Subsequently it wouldn't stay on when I powered it up. I realized that the battery was too low. After a full charge, the firmware update installed fine.

The Tello documentation I can find (or have) doesn't explain any of the other colors of the LED (other than the blinking blue on charging, blue on full charge), but here's what I think I figured out (although I may be wrong):
  • Turning on sequence: Green (long), 4x Red (short), Green (long), White (long), 2x Pink/Purple (short), off (long), 2x Pink/Purple (short), off (long), red (short), green (short), yellow (short), red (short), green (short), yellow (short), off
  • Waiting to for Tello app to connect - Fast Blinking Yellow
  • Waiting for takeoff (slow blinking yellow)
It seems the Tello turns itself off (led remains off), when you disconnect the phone/tablet from the Tello's wireless.

Reactions: dirkclod
I just installed the latest firmware on my Tello and hoping to fly tomorrow here in Colorado - assuming the wind slows down enough.

I got the Tello as my first drone. I think I really want a Mavic Air. So I figured I'd start off smaller to start before making that bigger plunge.

It took me two try to install the latest firmware. The first attempt stopped at 30% and left the white LED on (on the Tello). I had to pull out the battery to turn if off. Subsequently it wouldn't stay on when I powered it up. I realized that the battery was too low. After a full charge, the firmware update installed fine.

The Tello documentation I can find (or have) doesn't explain any of the other colors of the LED (other than the blinking blue on charging, blue on full charge), but here's what I think I figured out (although I may be wrong):
  • Turning on sequence: Green (long), 4x Red (short), Green (long), White (long), 2x Pink/Purple (short), off (long), 2x Pink/Purple (short), off (long), red (short), green (short), yellow (short), red (short), green (short), yellow (short), off
  • Waiting to for Tello app to connect - Fast Blinking Yellow
  • Waiting for takeoff (slow blinking yellow)
It seems the Tello turns itself off (led remains off), when you disconnect the phone/tablet from the Tello's wireless.
If you go to the Ryze website (they actually make the Tello, with DJI’s flight software and hardware), there’s a full User Manual you can download. There is a table in that manual that explains most, but not all, of the LED colors.

Reactions: Rocketmanzim
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Tello Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Tello quadcopters.
Tello Manual - https://dl-cdn.ryzerobotics.com/downloads/Tello/20180212/Tello+User+Manual+v1.0_EN_2.12.pdf

Thanks to you, @Divebomber , and @lightbg for the info on the manual. Suggestion to the admins: put the manual link on the home page; I suspect I'm not the only one who won't know this info. Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv