Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Advanced version of DJI Tello Drone?

JoeCorsair

Reaction score
Hi,

I've exhausted the capabilities of the DJI Tello drone at this point and would like to upgrade to a drone that's more powerful. I would like to have GPS at a minimum, larger size (to carry more weight), a front, as well as bottom camera. Perhaps different view modes (infrared, field of depth, etc). And if there is a clamp (for dropping cargo for example) that'd be ideal. Obviously I don't expect to find a perfect match for that, but could you recommend a drone like that which features the SAME or SIMILAR API that the Tello drone has?

Thanks!

Hi,

I've exhausted the capabilities of the DJI Tello drone at this point and would like to upgrade to a drone that's more powerful. I would like to have GPS at a minimum, larger size (to carry more weight), a front, as well as bottom camera. Perhaps different view modes (infrared, field of depth, etc). And if there is a clamp (for dropping cargo for example) that'd be ideal. Obviously I don't expect to find a perfect match for that, but could you recommend a drone like that which features the SAME or SIMILAR API that the Tello drone has?

Thanks!
I presume you know that is moving into a larger more expensive drone. /we use the Autel EVO 1 and 2 with the live deck for this kind of specifications. A company called Fosfury is making the good attachment ( lights dropping cargo , etc. ) that you seem to want. You can see our vided of these uses on Youtube channel MECATX. We have not been disappointed and await the Autel EVO 3

> DIY e.g. using ArduCopter flight software.

I gonna need a bit more help on this. Can you point me towards some tutorials? Ideally some amazon link for a basic drone + the parts I need?

> I presume you know that is moving into a larger more expensive drone. /we use the Autel EVO 1 and 2 with the live deck for this kind of specifications. A company called Fosfury is making the good attachment ( lights dropping cargo , etc. ) that you seem to want. You can see our vided of these uses on Youtube channel MECATX. We have not been disappointed and await the Autel EVO 3

It doesn't not seem to be programmable at all? According to this at least.

> DIY e.g. using ArduCopter flight software.

I gonna need a bit more help on this. Can you point me towards some tutorials? Ideally some amazon link for a basic drone + the parts I need?

> I presume you know that is moving into a larger more expensive drone. /we use the Autel EVO 1 and 2 with the live deck for this kind of specifications. A company called Fosfury is making the good attachment ( lights dropping cargo , etc. ) that you seem to want. You can see our vided of these uses on Youtube channel MECATX. We have not been disappointed and await the Autel EVO 3

It doesn't not seem to be programmable at all? According to this at least.
You are right. Most of the micro/mini drones taht are educational/hackable/programmable are under 50 grams/ Asa general rule will only lift less than 1/2 of its take off weight. TOW If you wan more take off weight ( MTOW) You need to move to functional utility drones.. We have built two drones in the past tow years. Very time consuming. and deep learning curve. This group is the Drone Racing League. ( DRL our problem is they are still analog systems and large. A engineering university dept. is having hands in workshops this June on this. Baylor University in Dallas, Texas. Our students are not at this level. We tried for six months. Good Luck See drones in schools and drones in curriculum facebook

I think, TelloPilots is not the right place to extend that discussion. I recommend forums like RCgroups.com or diydrones.com. Also regional drone related forums usually have sections for DIY builds. There you may find project descriptions of others and can ask for part recommendations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv