Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Ambient Light Weak

Tello_Pete

Reaction score
Tired of seeing this message. I live in Arizona. Its bright as can be and still says the lighting is weak. Is the lighting weak or is the camera weak? What do I need to do? Install one of these in my house when i fly. Not very impressed.

upload images

Last edited:
ur still lucky, im try to flight tello for sunrise, nothing warning appear before take off, and after takeoff my apps say bad vision, and my tello fly away from me, i cant do nothing, try to landing but nothing happen, and u now what, my tello go to the midle of sea now, bye tello i wont buy again, this is my fisrt drone but for me i get this happen, the drone came yesterday, and now this happen, sad

ur still lucky, im try to flight tello for sunrise, nothing warning appear before take off, and after takeoff my apps say bad vision, and my tello fly away from me, i cant do nothing, try to landing but nothing happen, and u now what, my tello go to the midle of sea now, bye tello i wont buy again, this is my fisrt drone but for me i get this happen, the drone came yesterday, and now this happen, sad

Sorry for your loss.. sadly they show in advertising flying the tello outside. I learned very quickly that this thing can't handle 1mph wind. No chance I'm ever flying it outside. Tried it once and it was all over the place. Indoor drone only in my opinion and it barely does that good (no ac, no fan, max light all required). Maybe I have high standards because of my mavic pro but this drone is pretty weak. Even for $100. I have had multiple $30 hubsan drones and fly them outside 100 yards up and away with no issues. Even in the wind.

unlike the other dji drones, with gps and multi sensors, Tello i believe have downwards sensors to determine its location. Of course downward sensors is not great in dark areas and even with enough or marginal lighting some information/pattern on the ground will be challenging for Tello such as very uniformed area. Definitely Tello is not for night flying. It does not have Home location and wont know its coordinates. I use Tello mainly indoors.

Reactions: Sandokan65

Likewise it's annoying also the tips showing up... when choosing other options menu. ...time consuming for battery lol...

But there's this another apps controller called Atello by Awesome person KRAG...
Is not yet perfect for video and picture but working.also got home return option which is my favourite and position tracking.battery % indicator..give it a try.. I like his KRAG app More than official tello app controller XD the control are amazing much stable for me...than official tello.
Download latest one 9.6e version i think.
Just check his post here at tello development..
And don't forget.. say thanks to KRAG?

As a new tello owner, I have received those warnings on some of my inside flights. That was in our living room which has a good deal of windows, but it was an overcast day. Floor is a dark colored wood. I suspect, that if I went to a light colored launch pad it would be ok. Once launched, it was fine.

Flying outside has been just at or near sunset or calm overcast. I've had no warnings, but my impromptu launch pad is a light colored floor mat. So, think that is worth trying.

So far, this drone has been rock solid with its hovering capability. I only fly outside if calm or near calm.

Sorry for your loss.. sadly they show in advertising flying the tello outside. I learned very quickly that this thing can't handle 1mph wind. No chance I'm ever flying it outside. Tried it once and it was all over the place. Indoor drone only in my opinion and it barely does that good (no ac, no fan, max light all required). Maybe I have high standards because of my mavic pro but this drone is pretty weak. Even for $100. I have had multiple $30 hubsan drones and fly them outside 100 yards up and away with no issues. Even in the wind.

The Tello has 0 issues in light winds if the vision positioning is working correctly.

I fly outside in winds often.

Reactions: CruxMuzic

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv