Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

And it's gone!

View attachment 5239

Lost VPS, and even with zero wind off she went! Never to be seen again. Anyone need any spare props or batteries?? Haha. ?

I would go into a deep depression, not bathe or eat and lock myself in my room, not have sex with my wife and stay in bed for a month if I lost my Tello!?

It’s rained all day today. Even if I go looking tomorrow I’m not holding out much hope.

Sorry for the loss :-(
Tello restricts attitude angles when VPS is lost for more than a few seconds, and starts to auto-land. While TelloFpv can cancel the landing, it can't override the reduced attitude angles which lead to very sluggish behavior and low ability to fight winds.
Thats one of the main reasons for the emergency shutdown function introduced in the last release: Quickly press the stop button a couple of times and Tello kill all motors and will fall.

Its a tough decision to make (fall vs drift) but sometimes its just the only way to safe Tello.

Good luck searching. Many Tellos have been recovered and they all fly like new (even after month in trees, rain, snow, or a good dip in pool or sea)

I’ll have another look tomorrow. Got a day being paid photographing using the Mavic 2 on a shoot day at the same place tomorrow, fingers crossed. I lost vps in dark conditions (sunrise) there was almost no wind, surprised me how quickly it left! I’m not a fool either, the 30m trees we use at the hunting lodge weren’t even moving 1mm.

• Sad
Reactions: MNNJR69

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv