Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Android testers needed.

Do you plan on supporting the t1d? I can test it for you if you need for me to do so. I like the app.
I don't think I can. They have a proprietary (closed) SDK and I couldn't check it into github.

I have a t1d myself. Bought it before I knew it was only good for use with one drone and nothing else. :-(

I wonder if a T1d could be converted into a T1s by changing it's firmware?
I hope so!

Going to try the latest version on a Moto G5s Plus with and Xiaomi Wi-Fi extender this afternoon.

Is there no way to switch between fast and slow mode? Also, how do I connect my T1d

Other than that it was working fine.

Being a Software Test Engineer in professional life, I'd love to assist you in testing this puppy! Will install it tonight, but will have to use on screen controls since I don't have a proper controller yet. Just got my Tello last weekend for Father's Day. :)

Being a Software Test Engineer in professional life, I'd love to assist you in testing this puppy! Will install it tonight, but will have to use on screen controls since I don't have a proper controller yet. Just got my Tello last weekend for Father's Day. :)
Hmm, apparently it does not wish to work with onscreen controls... and no luck yet connecting my daughter's PS4 controller to it.

Hmm, apparently it does not wish to work with onscreen controls... and no luck yet connecting my daughter's PS4 controller to it.
Hi, are the onscreen controls moving when you push them ?
When you plug the ps4 controller, is the onscreen controls disappear ? have you selected ps4 joystick controller in the a tello preferences ?

Retested them now, and the onscreen controls now work on my Samsung Galaxy S6. I got the PS4 controller to work too, but the cable seems a bit flaky. Flying the drone is much better though, even in low light conditions. The only thing needed now is a mount of some kind so I can attach the phone to my PS4 controller and have both hands free to steer, or better yet: VR mode on the screen so I can test my daughters VR goggles... That feature would be next on my list.

Other than that, a great program. :)

Last edited:
One thing I was a bit confused about was the choice to leave the controls on screen if a controller is present (I know you can switch it off) while the controls don't reflect the joystick positions anyway?

This evening I made an extended flight with aTello, checking it for control and range on my Samsung without the help of a WiFi repeater. it effortlessly reached a height of well over 17 meters, and horizontal range was quite extensive too. the stats on top of the screen are definitely useful, and the onscreen controls were direct and reached speeds the normal app won't achieve. The video taken was virtually flicker free, and quite sharp. Attached screenshot was taken straight from playing the converted mp4 on my desktop machine.
Screenshot at 2018-06-27 21-09-07.png
Can't wait to test any new versions coming out, especially if those are going to include the various tricks the Tello can perform, and the VR mode. :)

Using the aTello app can you connect your phone to the quad and fly it with the phone? Not using a controller?

Yes, you can use screen control like in the official app.
My phone is a Samsung G900A Galaxy S5. I installed aTello .93 and .96 and they both show that the Tello is connected and the Tello's camera image on the screen. The controls are displayed and the camera, video and settings buttons work but takeoff/land and toss buttons do not function. I do not have a controller hooked up yet. Any ideas why the controls do not work?

I realize this is an old topic, but I just wanted to help you. I downloaded the app and read the instructions, and everything seemed pretty straightforward. It looks like a fantastic project, and I look forward to trying it out. It's always lovely to be involved in the development process and help make the app better. I use ZAPTEST for testing because it's an excellent software testing approach emphasizing collaboration, flexibility, and customer satisfaction. I will happily provide feedback and help make the app as good as possible. Thanks for the opportunity to get involved!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thepresentx