Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Android testers needed.

@Krag A feature request:
Option to overlay the altitude and/or speed on the video being recorded.
It can be OFF by default in the settings.

Will be quite useful to study the footage in the future without recording the screen.

Reactions: gautier and Rob63
Yes.

Just discovered one more issue. The brightness of the screen is really low in comparison to stock application. In the stock application I can recognize everything in sunny conditions. aTello is not usable under the direct sunlight.
You can adjust the exposure in the settings menu. I am not sure what value the stock app starts with.

@Krag A feature request:
Option to overlay the altitude and/or speed on the video being recorded.
It can be OFF by default in the settings.

Will be quite useful to study the footage in the future without recording the screen.
I can't overlay anything on the video without reencoding it. You could turn on logging in the settings menu and use something like DashWare to overlay the speed etc on the video. The log format should be easily readable by DashWare.

Tested Ver 0.92 without gamepad, everything is good, and all the set parameters will keep even I restart the APP. Excellent job.
But if I get into setup then back it will show disconnected and video corrupted, to recover it, I have to close the APP and restart it again. My phone is Samsung Note4.

2018/6/8
Remark: I found I set wrong parameter on developer options cause the failure of " get into setup then back ", after I correct it , then no problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krag
Hi,
Here, aTello 0.91 is working on samsung galaxy A3 2016, android 7.0 with gamesir T1s plugged on otg !!! 1000 thanks you for that great job !!!!
Like you saw before, the video quality is not as good as the official app. Sure you will find how to fix that !

I will do more test that week end, hope it will help ! If you need particular tests, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks again !

Last edited:
Video of Ver 0.92 , Samsung Note4 , 4MB , 10 Frame/s
No skip frames, but some time has partially corrupted frames, the wifi is very strong. Maybe this is the inherent flaw of Tello.

Hi
I'm very tech-unsavvy but easily loaded the apk (7 - have yet to upgrade to 0.92) and all was going well until my timer app went off, which caused the Tello to spin a few times and then head east, ignoring any of my instructions. A bit scary but fortunately it came to land not too far from me. Is this fixed in the latest version or is there a setting I can adjust on my phone?
(Galaxy A3 with Oreo)
Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the app, it is amazing. I'm just starting to learn python so it makes me a bit jealous...
I tried it with my Z4 tab and a PS4 controller and it worked fine. The only drawback compared to the official app is the video. There is some delay and it is a bit harder to control (less intuitive). I crashed a few time but it seems that this tello is made of tungsten :D

Thanks again ;)

Hi
I'm very tech-unsavvy but easily loaded the apk (7 - have yet to upgrade to 0.92) and all was going well until my timer app went off, which caused the Tello to spin a few times and then head east, ignoring any of my instructions. A bit scary but fortunately it came to land not too far from me. Is this fixed in the latest version or is there a setting I can adjust on my phone?
(Galaxy A3 with Oreo)
Thanks.
What probably happened was you lost joystick focus and the app kept using the last joystick inputs. I'll see if I can figure out how to zero the sticks if the app looses focus.

Hi, cant seem to find a post that explains how to connect a Gamesir controller to the aTello app. I have the latest version 0.92, works awesome, but used to sticks to fly. Been flying the Tello for more than 2 months with controller through the official app, but like to try Krag's app. Thanks :)

Hi, cant seem to find a post that explains how to connect a Gamesir controller to the aTello app. I have the latest version 0.92, works awesome, but used to sticks to fly. Been flying the Tello for more than 2 months with controller through the official app, but like to try Krag's app. Thanks :)
Hi, the gamesir controller can be plugged to the phone thanks to usb > otg adaptator (tested with T1s and samsung galaxy a3 2016). Then, you just have to check "generic joystick" in aTello preference. No bluetooth needed. Hope it will help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clinton1 and Krag
Hi, the gamesir controller can be plugged to the phone thanks to usb > otg adaptator (tested with T1s and samsung galaxy a3 2016). Then, you just have to check "generic joystick" in aTello preference. No bluetooth needed. Hope it will help.
Thank you very much, i left bluetooth on, while i was connected with the otg cable, that is why i couldnt get connected.

Hy Everybody - Hy Krag. Thanks for aTello 0.91. Just have tested it about two hours and it works really good.Aside from the Video Record,wich has some skips,Artifacts and fragments (already known by the community here :). My Device is an Samsung Note 10.1 Tab GT-N 8010 with Android 4.4.2

Biggest Fail until now: I accidentaly pushed the "Settings"-Button during flight and converted a Video.Luckily i had the Tello hovering at 8 Meters in Low Wind until I could get it landed.

Suggestion for this might be:
1. Place the Camera Buttons somewhere near the DPads
2. Doubleclick to exit the App on Android 4.4.2 and higher
3. Safety feature that returns the Tello on an Altitude below 2 Meters if App goes Backround or Display goes on Standby
4. Safety Feature that prevents Settings and Connection Buttons from being pressed when in Flight.

This would greatly improve Safety. Other Improvements i would wish in a Future release:

Perhaps Video Stabilizing in Post-Processing (crops down the Size of the Picture and stbilizes by Counter-shaking it) and also a UI that is not that Dark in Sunlight (the GT-N8010 doesn´t have a strong Backlight).Could anybody bring the VPS Camera to stream it´s content???

I keep on Testing aTello as it will definitley stay with my drone, even on another Smartphone. It IS AWESOME!

The connection button is already disabled once you are connected. I can't disable the settings when in flight because there is stuff in there you might want to change in flight.

I added code (in next version) that will center the joysticks if main activity looses focus. That should cover exiting the app and going to the settings screen. I'll look into double click exit.

I'm using the latest version of aTello and an Nvidia Shield K1 tablet running Android 7 (Nougat) and the Gamesir T1d and the controller never connects via OTG. Also, the video feed is unusable. I'm using the same OTG cable that I use for my Spark and it works fine with it.

Yeah, supporting the t1d requires a Gamesir SDK. Why they don't just make it work like every other joystick is a mystery to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv