Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Another better scratch extension from the original Ryze Tech version in Traditional Chinese

yiupa

Reaction score
The original Ryze Tech version for scratch extension just gives an example of how can it be interfaced to scratch.
It gives some basic functions but not practical when used as it is.

The major short coming of the extension is that it provide no wait time for scratch to send /( for the tello to accept ) commands.
Inside the scratch program, the programmer has to insert delay loops for series of commands from scratch to tello, otherwies the tello will miss some commands as it would not accept any while it is executing the current command.

mather has make some major changes to the original one by introducing some delay according to the flight speed so scratch will be notified that a command is being executed by tello and wait before sending another until tello is ready.
Other than that mather changes the original scratch display language to Japanese too.

You can find the better extension here:

mather/tello-scratch-extension

After testing the mather's program for sometime, I find a small bug in setting the speed of the tello and also add some more code to let tello can read back the battery level, and also change the language for extension to Chinese.

Here it is:
yiupa/tello-scratch-extension

Reactions: JoeBaldy
Hi Yiupa, did you take a look at the latest Scratch SDK from Ryze? See Scratch Readme document at Ryze Tech . Some new functions there, like getting TOF distance and height. I notice the logic is quite different than the original one. Unfortunately I could not yet get it to work, but you may be interested to examine it.

Remco

Hi Yiupa, did you take a look at the latest Scratch SDK from Ryze? See Scratch Readme document at Ryze Tech . Some new functions there, like getting TOF distance and height. I notice the logic is quite different than the original one. Unfortunately I could not yet get it to work, but you may be interested to examine it.

Remco

Remco
By the way, your SDK worked perfectly!

By the way, your SDK worked perfectly!
thank you.
It is great to see that the manufacture put up a new and looks better SDK, I am checking on it. As it gives much more feedback information than the old one, may be it is good enough to use without any modificaiton.
I will check and thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843