Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

App is in Chinese – how to change language?

Dinocracy

Reaction score
I just picked up my Tello (I’m in northern Europe) and it seems quite good so far. Very little dropped frames from just flying around my apartment. However, the official app is in Chinese ever since I downloaded it, and I have no idea how to change it to English! Could someone walk me through it?

Thanks in advance!

I just picked up my Tello (I’m in northern Europe) and it seems quite good so far. Very little dropped frames from just flying around my apartment. However, the official app is in Chinese ever since I downloaded it, and I have no idea how to change it to English! Could someone walk me through it?

Thanks in advance!
I’m not sure how you acquired a Chinese language version of the app, but there are English versions on both app repositories. If you really want to use that Chinese app you’d have to use something like Google Translate to Translate the Chinese. The only problem there is that you’d have to keep referring to the translation. More knowledgeable people than me may know how to switch the language in the app.

Second search result on my country’s App Store for Tello (number one is a native language productivity app named Trello). I’m on iOS by the way. I can’t find any other version of the app, the app description is in English and there is no indication whatsoever that the app would be in Chinese, yet the first time I launched it I was greeted by Chinese characters on 90 % of all interface elements.

It’s rather strange and kind of annoying. I’ve been able to figure out where most every function is, but it’s still pretty jarring and I’d like for it to revert to the English I was expecting.

Just tried it this little bugger in broad daylight for the first time by the way – getting brilliant stability and video quality off of this thing.

Hi Donocracy, That's very weird. Perhaps an email to Ryze or DJI support would be helpful? They might email you the app in the language of your preference. Ryze tech support has been very helpful to me when I had some problems early on. I tried to figure out a way to send you the app, but there doesn't appear to be a way to do it. Good luck!

Same issue with APP in Czech Appstore on iOS about 90% of app is in Chinese. Any idea how to switch it to english?

Had the same problem in Poland, Ryze support give me advice to close Tello app, change iPhone/iPad language to English (Settings->General->Language), start Tello app, now it should be in english. Now you can change language to original and Tello app should stay in english. For me problem is solved :)

Had the same problem in Poland, Ryze support give me advice to close Tello app, change iPhone/iPad language to English (Settings->General->Language), start Tello app, now it should be in english. Now you can change language to original and Tello app should stay in english. For me problem is solved :)
Gracias Matiees !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv