Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

aTello (Android) Development Thread

I can sort of see why this is important to you guys, if i am wrong, i'm more than happy to say so, but this can only be solved if the developer actually shows up and says so, so there is literally no point of us arguing about it.

About the ui being different, it has been a month, it takes like 10 minutes to change the icons.

what is the actual issue here, have you never been part of a beta program that goes for sale?

because i have.

anything that is hardware related needs a bit of testing, to iron out the issues with it.

could you make it works? i just got the shield controller for my tablet (i dont have the drone yet) but i notice the new controller is bluetooth and universal, the original one was wi-fi direct and only for shield devices
i link my new controller to my oneplus 3t and it works perfect via bluetooth, but tello app dont recognize it, will atello recognize it?
already tried nvidia shield controlled on a RCA tablet android, just need the f**king drone to arrive probably on monday!! :mad:

About the ui being different, it has been a month, it takes like 10 minutes to change the icons.
If your theory is correct and the Atello Pilot author is the same guy that produced atello then don't you think he would have kept the useful Home function in the paid version ? After all, he would have had plenty of time as it only took him 10 minutes to design and implement the new icons ;)

Reactions: Zeno
If your theory is correct and the Atello Pilot author is the same guy that produced atello then don't you think he would have kept the useful Home function in the paid version ? After all, he would have had plenty of time as it only took him 10 minutes to design and implement the new icons ;)
And to add on atello is free and im having fun playing the home return function...
Idk why some people are ungrateful.well like they said, you cannot please everyone lol.
One more things if Atello and Atello pilot are same person so what... atleast someone doing works outside Ryze and That's the good thing for users..an alternative to stock tello.
And if charge his work nothing wrong.
his not forcing you to buy...dont buy if you don't like it..

Reactions: tuxevil
All this can be resolved if the developer ever returns, we can only make guesses.
if you want to argue with me its fine, but why bother?

And to add on atello is free and im having fun playing the home return function...

well its beta and keep waiting, maybe he will show up.

aTello and aTelloPilot are different and author is not same.
aTello is made by krag and aTelloPilot is made by me ;)
When I started to develope aTelloPilot, I also named it as aTello but I found aTello was used by krag in this forum. So I changed the name to aTelloPilot.
I am surprised to see the comment suspecting me and krag as same developer.:eek:

Reactions: Zeno and ral67
well you can see the problem with the name, its like naming your program atello pro

to differentiate yourself from the free version

out of everything you could have named your program, you chose the one that made it sound like it was a pro version of atello.
did you ever stop and think, hmm this might be confusing...

i'm glad we got that cleared up.

edit this is not the only place people suspect these these are a same program, might want to post this clarification elsewhere in this forum and maybe in the description of the app?

Last edited:
When I started to develope aTelloPilot, I also named it as aTello but I found aTello was used by krag in this forum. So I changed the name to aTelloPilot.
I am surprised to see the comment suspecting me and krag as same developer.:eek:
Idk
This person is hard headed he keep saying if the developers show up.. when it's clearly both of you and krag are active here... this Zaphod possible got some broken screws
And he keep mentioning argument when his the one accusing you and krag are same person and acting like *******,and demanding ***** lmfao what an ******* person.

And his ridiculously reason... because you and krag got similar app name hahahaha...
What a logic......
If this Zaphod start accusing Google store apps having one developers that's gonna be more fun.... XD

well you can see the problem with the name, its like naming your program atello pro

to differentiate yourself from the free version

out of everything you could have named your program, you chose the one that made it sound like it was a pro version of atello.
did you ever stop and think, hmm this might be confusing...

i'm glad we got that cleared up.

edit this is not the only place people suspect these these are a same program, might want to post this clarification elsewhere in this forum and maybe in the description of the app?
I don't know what your point is..
Should I use different app name not to confuse you?
As you know, aTello was not released through google play store while aTelloPilot was.
What's the problem? The developers name are different and different threads are maintained.
No one says aTelloPilot is aTello pro version.
Only you expected the apps were created by same person and you seemed angry with paid version. But I don't know why it makes you uncomfortable..
If you already bought the app and you want me to refund it, please let me know your purchase id.
And please move to aTelloPilot threads if you still have complains about my app name and replies.

Last edited:
Reactions: handersonluiz
Well I couldn't wait for Gamesir to upgrade the T1D firmware so I just bought the Gamesir G3w ($15 on Amazon), I plugged it (wired only game controller) to my galaxy S7 and it worked out of the box with aTello.
I have now to find out how to (re)configure the joysticks/buttons in a manner more suitable for me.
Hugh

Can you provide more info?

Curious if you needed to use the Octopus app.

Wondering if you had any disconnects. I need to return my controller (Parrot Flypad) because the controller would stop responding but still send the prior input to the drone (so if moving forward, it would continue until it crashed after the controller disconnected). Would happen after about 1-2 minutes. Any issues like that?

Also curious if you've noticed any lag on the controller movements.

I'm not too sure about how the app operates, but it's likely that the aTello app is using 'photo mode' for videos, which is the former resolution. The second resolution is 'video mode', but for some reason the aspect ratio squashes the video so that it sacrifices vertical visibility for horizontal.

It uses the extra resolution for digital video stabilization. It's very obvious if you fly the Tello forward while taking video. The nose will dip down because of the forward motion but the video will try to stabilize and keep the screen view steady.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clubfooted