Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

aTello (Android) Development Thread

Just to let you guys know there is now a third or is it fourth program now that supports otg controllers and vr

DroneVR App adds support for the Tello (beta)

the beta is free, this is only useful for people who want to use VR with otg controller.

its also probably useful for people who had controller issues as it allows you to map all the axis in the controller how ever you like.

does work fine, from what i tested.

i like all of my direction controls to be on the right stick and turn and altitude on left. this allows me to do that.

(i played with a bunch of cheapo drones before tello and literally all of them were configured like that)

Last edited:
You just saved my *** today with your app:alien:
Thank you very much!!!:love:

I got $80 with my $100 drone :cool:

*pics are unedited

Attachments

• 2018-11-9--11-48-23.jpg
    2018-11-9--11-48-23.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • 2018-11-9--12-25-32.jpg
    2018-11-9--12-25-32.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
  • 2018-11-9--12-33-37.jpg
    2018-11-9--12-33-37.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • 2018-11-9--12-34-14.jpg
    2018-11-9--12-34-14.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • 2018-11-9--12-50-04.jpg
    2018-11-9--12-50-04.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
  • 2018-11-9--12-51-33.jpg
    2018-11-9--12-51-33.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
i like all of my direction controls to be on the right stick and turn and altitude on left. this allows me to do that.
Hi, i am not sure to understand, you discribed the mode 2 for controller ? And that mode is available by defaut in the settings of official tello app, aTello app, aTelloPilot app...

I am agree with you, the controller setting in that VRDrone app is great ! And it allows to plug rc controller, like FpvfreeRider app.

Last edited:
Hi, i am not sure to understand, you discribed the mode 2 for controller ? And that mode is available by defaut in the official tello app, aTello app, aTelloPilot app...

it is?, i tried all of the modes and it seems im stuck with the sideways being in the left stick on atello.

i have a logitech F710 pc controller that i'm using via otg, the controller itself has couple of modes xbox emulation and basic controller.

>"And that mode is available by defaut in the official tello app ", not going to buy one of those "default" controllers that are needed for default app.

atellopilot app costs money, and im seriosly thinking of buying it, does it support vr nowdays?

maybe im missing some configuration where that works.

but with zero money, you can use what ever configuration you like with usb controller with the vr app. As it allows you to put anything on any button or axis.

Last edited:
it is?, i tried all of the modes and it seems im stuck with the sideways being in the left stick on atello.

i have a logitech F710 pc controller that i'm using via otg, the controller itself has couple of modes xbox emulation and basic controller.

>"And that mode is available by defaut in the official tello app ", not going to buy one of those "default" controllers that are needed for default app.

atellopilot app costs money, and im seriosly thinking of buying it, does it support vr nowdays?

maybe im missing some configuration where that works.

but with zero money, you can use what ever configuration you like with usb controller with the vr app. As it allows you to put anything on any button or axis.
Hi, when you use screen controller in aTello app, it is like you prefer (altitude on the left stick) ? And when you plug the gamepad, it inverts command ?

Hi, when you use screen controller in aTello app, it is like you prefer (altitude on the left stick) ? And when you plug the gamepad, it inverts command ?

what i would like at optimum is the right controller is like it is on a helicopter, think of the stick tied to the top of the drone.

this is the standard control of any helicopter simulator ever.

left control is now left to rotate left or right (or think of it like pedals of the copter, exactly like helicopter moving the rear props power to turn the thing) and up and down (think of it as throthle or collective)

this feels natural as its exactly what you have in a helicopter.

this also allows you to fly the tello basically one handed, as you always know where its pointed, and only need to use right thumb to control all of it, expect height and direction.

Last edited:
what i would like at optimum is the right controller is like it is on a helicopter, think of the stick tied to the top of the drone.

this is the standard control of any helicopter simulator ever.

left control is now left to rotate left or right (or think of it like pedals of the copter, exactly like helicopter moving the rear props power to turn the thing) and up and down (think of it as throthle or collective)

this feels natural as its exactly what you have in a helicopter.

this also allows you to fly the tello basically one handed, as you always know where its pointed, and only need to use right thumb to control all of it, expect height and direction.
Humm:unsure: maybe it is because of my bad english but for me, what you want is what the app does (mode 2)... Did you try screen sticks in the aTello app (without your logitech controller) ? (just try to understand if the issue is from your controller or from the app)...

RC_Mode_1_2.jpg

Last edited:
its possible that we might have different controllers.

if the developer ever comes back, lets have this discussion again.

Hi, I'm trying to remap it with my controller via OTG and it doesn't detect the RX or RY axis. I'm able to map the X, Y, Z only though. Does DroneVR not know of them?

Screenshot_2018-09-13-00-00-36-372_ru.elron.gamepadtester.png

Just to let you guys know there is now a third or is it fourth program now that supports otg controllers and vr

DroneVR App adds support for the Tello (beta)

the beta is free, this is only useful for people who want to use VR with otg controller.

its also probably useful for people who had controller issues as it allows you to map all the axis in the controller how ever you like.

does work fine, from what i tested.

hey guys, do you guys have problem that cant edit or share the photos being took by atello app, but after some time, idk how long, it can be edited

How can I connect my ps4 controller? Can you please guide me step by step?

Edit: Figured it out. Thanks for the app :)

Last edited:
Hi, I did the app downaload and installed on my phone redmi 5 but can not connect the bluetouth gamesir, while the app tello connects perfectly, can you tell me how to connect and show it to the app?

thanks to those who can help me

Hi, I did the app downaload and installed on my phone redmi 5 but can not connect the bluetouth gamesir, while the app tello connects perfectly, can you tell me how to connect and show it to the app?

you can basically use any mouse keyboard gamepad on android, but not with tello, they are sorta doucheds about that?, arent they? requiring you to buy some weird controller.

but yeah, if you can make literally any controller that works with just android work with atello.

but you do have to make it work with android.

Hi, what bluetooth gamesir controller do you use ? if it is T1D, aTello doesn't yet support it, like other android app applications.

you can basically use any mouse keyboard gamepad on android, but not with tello, they are sorta doucheds about that?, arent they? requiring you to buy some weird controller.

but yeah, if you can make literally any controller that works with just android work with atello.

Hi, what bluetooth gamesir controller do you use ? if it is T1D, aTello doesn't yet support it, like other android app applications.

Sorry guys ... I do not have problems with the problems I match them with the DroneVR app the beta version, with that it can not connect via cable or via bloutouth, it detects it but then does not hook it ... someone knows how I can do ?

thank you

Switching to fast mode seems to do nothing anymore. The drone is just as slow, inclination is not increased. It might be a problem with the firmeware update of Tello, it seems in my case it canceled fast mode in the aTello pilot app and I was relying on Fast to escape winds.

Switching to fast mode seems to do nothing anymore. The drone is just as slow, inclination is not increased. It might be a problem with the firmeware update of Tello, it seems in my case it canceled fast mode in the aTello pilot app and I was relying on Fast to escape winds.
you need to fly higher

yeah, they added a minimum height for the fast mode, its sorta impossible to get it to work inside now.

its about 2 meters.

this thing might be dead, no updates for 5 months.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv