Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Battery on charger stays red

MassCoyote

Reaction score
When charging my batteries, one battery will not charge and led stays red. All batteries are the same age and have been charged the same number of times. Does this mean that battery is dead?

3DE779BE-52FD-4E9B-B78E-7FF5AD88ADF7.jpeg

Reactions: akward59
on the manual it says Battery Error. does this problem occur on all three charging ports? you should test it by connecting the battery to a computerized charger and see how it behaves.
CamScanner 04-17-2021 21.43_1.jpg

When charging my batteries, one battery will not charge and led stays red. All batteries are the same age and have been charged the same number of times. Does this mean that battery is dead?

View attachment 6822

View attachment 6822
I’ve had this happen twice. Both times I removed the battery from the charger, then reinserted in another port. The battery then charged normally and had no apparent damage or reduced flight time. Best of luck.

View attachment 6822

I’ve had this happen twice. Both times I removed the battery from the charger, then reinserted in another port. The battery then charged normally with no apparent damage or reduced flight time. Best of luck.

I’ve had this happen to me to. I was using my Spark charging block with the charger. I got my battery to charge again by using my iPhone charging block connected to the charging hub and removing all the othe batteries so only the problem battery was in the hub. Now it charges fine with all the other batteries.

Chris

View attachment 6822
Try charging it in the drone. First it will blink red, then blue. When it's blinking blue it can be charged again in the hub.

Reactions: Cloggah

View attachment 6822
Try charging the battery in the tello drone. First it will be blinking red, then blue. When it's blinking blue it can be charged again in the hub

I just took three batteries that had not been used in years and tried to charge them.
One charged in the charger (flashing green) right away.
Two didn't charge and were showing red (one at a time, two at a time, different slots).
I put one of those in the drone and changed it there as suggested. I did that for only 2 minutes. When I moved that one back to the charger it showed flashing green instead of red.

Put those red "dead" batteries in the drone like suggested. It worked for me.

Thanks J3NK1NS!

Reactions: Cloggah
Try charging it in the drone. First it will blink red, then blue. When it's blinking blue it can be charged again in the hub.
This is the correct solution. Just had seven solid red in the charger. Installed each in the drone. Green- flashing red- blue. Worked like a charm, thanks so much!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv