Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Battery Pack battery time with Xiaomi Range Extender 2

Ansia

Reaction score
Hello all,

Hope you are doing great. I have a simple question. I am looking for a Power bank for my range extender. I’m just wondering how much power is enough to move the extender and for how long. My extender is in the mail at the moment, so I haven’t tested it. Is a 5,000 mAh enough. How long it lasts powering the extender?

10,000 mAh?
20,000 mAh?

What do you use and please tell me about your experiences.

I have powerbank with 5000mAh with 5 bar indicator. Yesterday I flew 3,5 Tello batteries on it (about 50 minutes with all the talking to the strangers). Still 5 bars. Maybe not very accurate indicator, but 5000mAh should be plenty enought for casual flying. In other words, based on my test, you should be OK, if you don't have 15 and more Tello batteries.

Reactions: Ansia
i have a 10,000 mAh powerbank and usng the meross 220 Wifi Extender. I flew the tello now 2h and the powerbank is still showing "full".
I think 5000 mAh should be enough when you are usng the poerbank only for the WIFI extender.
Regards
sfs-archery

Reactions: Ansia
Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of getting a 10,000 mAh wirh 2 usb ports so I could charge Tello batteries while using the extender. Now I know it will work. :)

It is difficult to find the detailed specs of the Xiaomi but i found a similar extender from Netgear that draws 3W.

So that means 3W at 5V = 0.6A

This seems to match a screenshot from another thread of the Xiaomi being measured.

So a 6,000 mAH powerbank will last 10 hours.

View attachment 1368

Thanks for the convertion. I had forgotten the math to do it.

i ran it with cheapo 3000mah chinese crappy one, did not run out on two flighs on one charge.

it went down one led out of 5 it has for charge display at front, i dont think this is going to be a huge issue unless you find a really ****** one.

now that i think of it, it still shows 4 leds, i think im still using the power i bough the thing with.

something to be said if you can run the wifi extender with smaller battery that comes inside tello.

somebody try that, smallest i have is like 2000mah tiny stick.

Last edited:
I’m currently using a 5,200 mAh that I found cheap at a local store.

Hello all,

Hope you are doing great. I have a simple question. I am looking for a Power bank for my range extender. I’m just wondering how much power is enough to move the extender and for how long. My extender is in the mail at the moment, so I haven’t tested it. Is a 5,000 mAh enough. How long it lasts powering the extender?

10,000 mAh?
20,000 mAh?

What do you use and please tell me about your experiences.
I believe I read that the Xiaomi wifi extender can draw 1A, but that's just the maximum power draw, it will most likely be drawing less than that, so any powerbank will probably last longer than your Tello batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan