Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Battery uograde

Georgetrv

Reaction score
Hi guys. I really enjoy the tello drone but the battery life isn't so good and I'm trying to extend the flight time with one battery. I was thinking to get a 3.8v battery but a 4000-5000 mAh. Have anyone tried to do this? Basically more mAh means a larger battery with a longer flight time. I don't mind removing modifying the drone. Cheers guys

The motors wont be able to handle the extra weight.

Hi guys. I really enjoy the tello drone but the battery life isn't so good and I'm trying to extend the flight time with one battery. I was thinking to get a 3.8v battery but a 4000-5000 mAh. Have anyone tried to do this? Basically more mAh means a larger battery with a longer flight time. I don't mind removing modifying the drone. Cheers guys
just remove prop guard and install 65mm kingkong propeller then u will get 14minute solid flight time( i am getting )...more over u can add extra 6-7gm hv lipo battery to get upto 16 minutes ...

Reactions: hpszi
The motors wont be able to handle the extra weight.
This
just remove prop guard and install 65mm kingkong propeller then u will get 14minute solid flight time( i am getting )...more over u can add extra 6-7gm hv lipo battery to get upto 16 minutes ...
but if a double the battery, like 2200mah. Isn't gonna be too heavy. Do this will affect the drone?

The standard props are 75mm, by shortening to 65mm it would make the motors work harder than the 75mm to produce lift and move the heavier battery. In the end, not worth it.

This

but if a double the battery, like 2200mah. Isn't gonna be too heavy. Do this will affect the drone?
so if you double the weight ie 54 gram and weight of the tello without prop guard is also 54 ...and for maximum flight time battery weight should be around 50-80% of the drone weight itself...so if you use 1300-1500mah ...u will get max flight time...

so if yiu you double the weight ie 54 gram and weight of the tello without prop guard is also 54 ...and for maximum flight time battery weight should be around 50-80% of the drone weight itself...so if you use 1300-1500mah ...u will get max flight time...
I want to extend it to at least 18 mins. My question is, if the motherboard( drone itself) will be affected.

y
it will affect not more than the motor .. system will get hot as you are overloading ..
you can use double battery ...but response will be slow and motor will get hot moreover more current in the flight controller for long time may cause overheat...but you can give it a try...

The overheathing isn't a problem. Using it outside, is gonna cool it down. Does anyone has a broken battery for tello? I want to use the connectors
yes.. Google it tello tear down lipo battery in image then click the corresponding website..also in youtube just search tello battery mod...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv