Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Charging from new.....

Photolee69

Reaction score
Hi guys...I've just bought a tello today and it's now been charging over 3 hours and still no where near fully charged. I'm using a genuine Samsung charger and cable.... any ideas to why its not fully charged...
Many thanks
Lee

Reactions: dirkclod
i hope its your charger, thats faulty. Check the charging status of your battery by connecting the drone with your device. It shouldnt take that long to charge ...after that you shoud use another charger.

Reactions: Photolee69
Welcome to our forum .Hope you find all the resources you seek and look forward
to any photos or videos you might post .
Any issues just ask.
Enjoy (y)

Hi guys...I've just bought a tello today and it's now been charging over 3 hours and still no where near fully charged. I'm using a genuine Samsung charger and cable.... any ideas to why its not fully charged...
Many thanks
Lee
I would say the charger, shouldn’t take longer then 90 minutes

Thanks for the replys...much appreciated.... it's finally fully charged and tomorrow I'll try another charger... first flight ok messing around.. but on the second go it won't stay put on take off, instead of it holding position it wonders of to the side..I got a message saying something about tilt...?

Thanks for the replys...much appreciated.... it's finally fully charged and tomorrow I'll try another charger... first flight ok messing around.. but on the second go it won't stay put on take off, instead of it holding position it wonders of to the side..I got a message saying something about tilt...?
Do you have it on an angle, or try calibration on the center of gravity too

Many thanks
Lee
Why you charging it for 3hours????
what the...!!! do you want to destroy it or explode it...
You didn't describe the color. If stop blinking blue and just stay blue.its mean full already...
But I bet you know that already???
Idk i will not charge small battery more than 2 hours...

Why you charging it for 3hours????
what the...!!! do you want to destroy it or explode it...
You didn't describe the color. If stop blinking blue and just stay blue.its mean full already...
But I bet you know that already???
Idk i will not charge small battery more than 2 hours...
Hi... it's never stopped solid blue, just blinks blue slowly... even after I finally unplugged it it wasn't hot... and was still blinking....

P
Hi... it's never stopped solid blue, just blinks blue slowly... even after I finally unplugged it it wasn't hot... and was still blinking....
Oh i see... definitely faulty battery... I got mine one extra battery... alternating im using it.... just be careful....
Get another one or try return it back if possible.

P

Oh i see... definitely faulty battery... I got mine one extra battery... alternating im using it.... just be careful....
Get another one or try return it back if possible.
Will do..I have ordered another battery.. if that one is fine I will return the original.. thanks for the info... what bitrate do you find best for video
Thanks
Lee

Will do..I have ordered another battery.. if that one is fine I will return the original.. thanks for the info... what bitrate do you find best for video
Thanks
Lee
I keep it auto . others i read 2mb ,4mb
Experience what suit you...
Higher resolution obviously more files.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Tello Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Tello quadcopters.
Enjoy!

Many thanks
Lee
Please check output current on your charger. 1,5A = fully charged in less than one hour. My friend tried 0,4A and it was taking hours.

Many thanks
Lee

Are you using direct charging to tello? or using a charging hub? If you’re using direct charging to tello I think you’ve got a factory defect battery, I suggest to use a charging hub if you have a lot of extra battery it takes only more than 1 hour only.

I'm using a Tello brand 3 port cradle w/ a 3.0 amp walwart .
It takes about 40/42 min per batt to fully charge all three.
That's around 2 hours, plus or minus 10 or so minutes.
With a 1.0 amp chrgr a little bit longer time than a 3.0 Amp.
I also changed low batt setting to kick off at 15%, not 20%
That gives me almost an extra 1 to 1 1/2 min more fly time.

btw: You can find that cradle thru Newegg or E-bay for abt $20/$25
Newegg Item#: 9SIA3527EG9253

Try charging thru a USB port on your PC, and if it works then, you
can pretty much tell that your walwart is bad not the batt. I've had
several of then quit on me for what ever reason, I don't know.
Hope this helps

Drone On!!!!!!!!!Screenshot_2018-08-25 DJI Tello Spare Parts Battery Charging Hub Battery Charger - Newegg com.pngScreenshot_2018-08-25 tello - Newegg com.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv