Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Cold weather

Me neither. I put mine away somewhere. I looked online though.

Most things about the drone I learned through the app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even with my inspire I never even cracked the manual open. You gonna learn a lot on YouTube videos.

Right now I’m stuck flying inside. It’s been either to cold or too windy. It’s snowing this weekend

I was out flying my Tello in -16C weather yesterday and -9C weather today with zero problems. Flying in cold weather is just like flying in warm weather, BUT with a few extra precautions.

Batteries need to be kept warm and since Tello batteries are small, your pocket is the perfect place to keep them warmed. Once the Tello is in the air it will keep the battery warm. Also, letting Tello hover for a minute or so before flying off gives you a chance to make sure everything is good.

The cold weather can reduce battery time, so keep an eye on battery level and land before the battery gets too low and Tello autolands where you don’t want it to.

Be aware that the device you are using to fly Tello also has a battery and may have shorter battery times too, so keep it warm until you are ready to fly. Also, if you are using a phone or tablet to fly Tello, the cold weather can also affect how sensitive the touch screen is so monitor your device as well.

Dress for the weather. I find thin touch compatible gloves handy.

Winter flying presents opportunities for some beautiful pictures and video.

Chris

I was out flying my Tello in -16C weather yesterday and -9C weather today with zero problems. Flying in cold weather is just like flying in warm weather, BUT with a few extra precautions.

Batteries need to be kept warm and since Tello batteries are small, your pocket is the perfect place to keep them warmed. Once the Tello is in the air it will keep the battery warm. Also, letting Tello hover for a minute or so before flying off gives you a chance to make sure everything is good.

The cold weather can reduce battery time, so keep an eye on battery level and land before the battery gets too low and Tello autolands where you don’t want it to.

Be aware that the device you are using to fly Tello also has a battery and may have shorter battery times too, so keep it warm until you are ready to fly. Also, if you are using a phone or tablet to fly Tello, the cold weather can also affect how sensitive the touch screen is so monitor your device as well.

Dress for the weather. I find thin touch compatible gloves handy.

Winter flying presents opportunities for some beautiful pictures and video.

Chris
Give us those pictures! The coldest it gets where I live is 65° F, so I can't experience cold weather flying, unless I travel.

Thanks Chris. It would be nice to take some winter pictures

Give us those pictures! The coldest it gets where I live is 65° F, so I can't experience cold weather flying, unless I travel.
Here’s a quick photo and short clip (both in one). The clip was done in fast (sport) mode because there was a bit of a wind with some strong gusts, that’s why it was so unstable. The temperature was -16C. Today (-9C), I just took some video of myself clearing back yard for ice rink but didn’t include it.

I had my Spark out at a beach nearby and there were all kinds of ice huts out with people fishing. It was too windy to launch my Tello though.

Chri

Reactions: Ansia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv