Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Color Top Cover

Ansia

Reaction score
So I decided to change the top cover. I find the original cover boring and need change. DJI provides 3 colors, which are meh at best. The specific color I want is crimson red. I know they sell skins out there, but I really do not wish to add more weight to my Tello (already use heavier propellers). I saw a thread on another forum where they sumerge plastic on cloth due to change the colors. I am willing to try that and post my results once I succeed.

What color or sticker do you guys use?

Plissken

Reaction score
So I decided to change the top cover. I find the original cover boring and need change. DJI provides 3 colors, which are meh at best. The specific color I want is crimson red. I know they sell skins out there, but I really do not wish to add more weight to my Tello (already use heavier propellers). I saw a thread on another forum where they sumerge plastic on cloth due to change the colors. I am willing to try that and post my results once I succeed.

What color or sticker do you guys use?
I painted the hull with a special colored markers waterproof: metallic on top with metallic red lines on both sides

Attachments

Reactions: Ansia

Plissken

Reaction score
I painted the hull with a special colored markers waterproof: metallic on top with metallic red lines on both sides
I glued a led with 3 different colored lights under the belly too...

Ansia

Reaction score
How did this affect flight time and performance?

Ansia

Reaction score
Well, it didn't end up how I hoped. It even accentuares the scratches on it...15467383445954259286677072847501.jpg

Ferro

Reaction score
It’s so small I would just paint it.

Ansia

Reaction score
It's starting to grow on me. I think it looks different, but not by much.20190106_044442.jpg

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryohta