Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Connecting controller to Tello FPV

johngalt

Reaction score
Hi!
know this has been discussed over and over again but still I am a bit unsure as to whether what I am trying to do is impossible or if I am doing something wrong.

I have a licensed copy of Tello FPV, a Sony Xperia 5 II, an Xbox one controller and a PS3 controller. I have also installed Gamepad tester.

If I connect the Xbox one controller to my phone, either through BT or with an OTG cable or the PS3 controller with the OTG cable, Gamepad tester register all controls when I test them. If I start up Tello FPV a get a splash screen informing that the controller has been found, all of them, but that's it.
If I try to use it, or try to remap the controller, nothing happens except that pressing some buttons or controllers might start scrolling, try to exit the app or opens the menu.

So quiestion is, am I missing something, doing something stupid or is it just not going to work. Thankful for any help I can get

volate!lo

Reaction score
f I start up Tello FPV a get a splash screen informing that the controller has been found, all of them, but that's it.

Android 11 I guess?

If so this is a known problem of Android 11 specifically. If you google "android 11 gamepad problem" you will get a few tenthousand entries.
It has been established that it is related to some accessibility features. You may find some suggested fixes, depending on what you have installed and the phone.

Only Google can ultimately solve this. Sadly it's a known problem for a few months so seems to be forgotten by Google

Reactions: johngalt

johngalt

Reaction score
Hi!
Thank you very much for your quick reply!
Took out an old Oneplus 5 with Android 10, connected my Xbox controller and it worked like a charm.

Really appreciate the work you put in to Tello FPV as well as the prompt support.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olivierpag